Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

I'll be honest. Investing in Doge is just straight up foolish. Can you make money? For sure! Many have and kudos to them. However, you're playing with fire. Most of the people investing in Doge don't know what they are doing and don't know much about crypto at all. That should terrify anyone considering investing in it. 

E08xAULWQAU0hcp.jpeg.thumb.jpg.8614bd6c0dfe0bd8fdb4ea97be7cd4cf.jpg

Binance CEO twittered this.

I put in 500€ in January with the expectation to lose it all. To be totally honest I felt like an absolute fool buying at 0.018 cause I've seen it at 0.000xx... where it should naturally be as an inflationary meme coin. The inflation is insane, 10k coins every minute, that's 5.256 billion coins a year.

Isee people who bought in at 70 cents, 80 billion market cap & I'm absolutely shocked. Shocked by the greed & stupidity of people. It's official, the crypto horde will throw money at anything remotely interesting brought up by rich, crazy, famous people or the media. Now everyone's crying on reddit & twitter.

I warned many, almost none would listen. As bad as this is for some, I hope this 40% crash today was a humbling lesson.

• Like 1

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_05/E08xAULWQAU0hcp.jpeg.thumb.jpg.8614bd6c0dfe0bd8fdb4ea97be7cd4cf.jpg
Binance CEO twittered this.
I put in 500€ in January with the expectation to lose it all. To be totally honest I felt like an absolute fool buying at 0.018 cause I've seen it at 0.000xx... where it should naturally be as an inflationary meme coin. The inflation is insane, 10k coins every minute, that's 5.256 billion coins a year.
Isee people who bought in at 70 cents, 80 billion market cap & I'm absolutely shocked. Shocked by the greed & stupidity of people. It's official, the crypto horde will throw money at anything remotely interesting brought up by rich, crazy, famous people or the media. Now everyone's crying on reddit & twitter.
I warned many, almost none would listen. As bad as this is for some, I hope this 40% crash today was a humbling lesson.

So, you’re saying buy while it’s low?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

So, you’re saying buy while it’s low?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say it's MASSIVELY overvalued & manipulative. I wouldn't put in a dime right now. You're waiting for a POSSIBLE 2x move at massive risk. And looking at the money in it right now, a 2x move would be massive.

7 hours ago, bigboy61 said:

I'll be honest. Investing in Doge is just straight up foolish. Can you make money? For sure! Many have and kudos to them. However, you're playing with fire. Most of the people investing in Doge don't know what they are doing and don't know much about crypto at all. That should terrify anyone considering investing in it. 

With Crypto and stocks keeping your investments and your speculations separate and defined is very important.  The bulk of what you do should be sound investments with "a reasonable expectation of return in the future."  And you keep your speculations to a small portion (for me, 5% of my investment budget gets allocated to speculations).  Speculations are just gambling by another name, and that is fine, assuming you keep that controlled and in perspective.  People like to hear about the dramatic wins but for every win you hear there are 19 heavy losses you don't hear.  Don't let your emotions, FOMO, or rashness cause you to make a mistake, hence the strict budgeting.

• Like 3

First time I've seen bitcoin accepted as payment on Bricklink.

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_05/image.png.e0fff32e3e2c6e50daeae18f4fa5d01b.png

I’d accept it, no one has offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

First time I've seen bitcoin accepted as payment on Bricklink.

image.png.e0fff32e3e2c6e50daeae18f4fa5d01b.png

its not a sign of increasing acceptance imo- since seller only accepts bitcoin he clearly is just trying to make a statement or spur on more usage of bitcoin. If he just felt bitcoin was something ppl would want to pay with he would take all forms of payment.

• Like 1

I think the thing that makes me the most hesitant about bitcoin is that the promoters of it sound like those who promote pyramid schemes, just following scripts and the usual talking points. I realize that bitcoin and a pyramid scheme are different. The whole following seems somewhat religious and anyone who doesn't agree with it is a heretic or an antique.

16 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I believe Bricklink should implement a pay with crypto button in order to stay ahead of the curve. Maybe start by allowing Bitcoin/ETH first. I’d also be onboard with it. 

I think thats a great idea. But remeber, bricklink is now owned by TLG.  Any website/software/digital upgrades will have to be approved by their IT department. 

image.png.29cb4a54a44197c1f7b65f048b475b5d.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

I think thats a great idea. But remeber, bricklink is now owned by TLG.  Any website/software/digital upgrades will have to be approved by their IT department. 

image.png.29cb4a54a44197c1f7b65f048b475b5d.png

Oh c'mon now, this is unfair.  What did chimps ever do to deserve being compared to LEGO IT?

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, spener90 said:

I think the thing that makes me the most hesitant about bitcoin is that the promoters of it sound like those who promote pyramid schemes, just following scripts and the usual talking points. I realize that bitcoin and a pyramid scheme are different. The whole following seems somewhat religious and anyone who doesn't agree with it is a heretic or an antique.

Sounds like a you problem. 
This is objective:
We're about 40-60% through the bull run. Bitcoin is the only fully decentralized, absolute scarce, and secure digital currency.
The only thing that matters is btc, stayed focused.

Finally got some crypto under my name.

The dummy in me hesitated buying at $1.62 and a mere 12 hours later the price went to $2.05.  My FOMO got me to lock in at $2 but I should have waited since I had plenty of time to buy afterwards at $1.85.  This morning it is $2.27

Lets play 2 games:
1. Guess which currency
2. What's the chance I double my money by July 4th ?

• Like 1

Finally got some crypto under my name.
The dummy in me hesitated buying at $1.62 and a mere 12 hours later the price went to $2.05.  My FOMO got me to lock in at $2 but I should have waited since I had plenty of time to buy afterwards at $1.85.  This morning it is $2.27
Lets play 2 games:
1. Guess which currency
2. What's the chance I double my money by July 4th ?

ADA is peaking because of what Musk did by dropping Bitcoin as payment to Tesla and embracing proof of stake currency like Cardono. It’s very likely you can double your money by July and likely sooner but ADA has so many coins that that the price would need to reach only $34 to match Bitcoin’s current market cap north of $1 trillion, so I dunno how much growth one can expect. The real time to have bought was in December when it was $.04. Make sure you find a pool to stake your ADA and you should see 5 to 8% growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1