• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Thanks for sharing. 

So, anyone have thoughts on why LEGO hasn't issued any public communication about this? It seems like a press release outlining their concerns about resellers and outlining a plan to pursue legal action would both play well with the average consumer AND save LEGO in legal fees as some/many folks voluntarily give up the game. 

I also wonder why EBay sellers haven't received the same?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I also wonder why EBay sellers haven't received the same?

Amazon happily shares seller information when you click their profile. Name and address.

Even Bricklink will show you a seller's address as long as you make a purchase. All Vorys would have to do there is create an account and place orders, request an invoice, and never pay. Could collect a ton of victims quickly, long before anyone even had a chance to complete a "not paid" complaint after a wait of a week. 

You can only see a seller's address on eBay on the shipping label when the item arrives. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

Just now, brickvoyeur said:

Amazon happily shares seller information when you click their profile. Name and address.

You can only see a seller's address on eBay on the shipping label when the item arrives. 

My friend that guy a vorys letter for Lego did not receive it at the address on display which is his business address. He received it at his home address. Clearly they have some other way of getting your personal information. Perhaps they order from you?

13 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

My friend that guy a vorys letter for Lego did not receive it at the address on display which is his business address. He received it at his home address. Clearly they have some other way of getting your personal information. Perhaps they order from you?

i always get two copies. one at the house and the other at the business address. i really isnt that hard if you have your business registered and your info is displayed on your Amazon storefront . they 100% do test buys with mystery shoppers 

14 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I ran upon a few interesting links authored by Vory’s outlining their cease and desist strategy.

https://www.vorys.com/publications-1819.html

They’ve also published several white papers but I’m not giving them info to download them

https://www.vorysecontrol.com/resources/white-papers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The many faces of the enemy. This will end up in court one day and I’ll be looking forward to fund the good guys 

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

I ran upon a few interesting links authored by Vory’s outlining their cease and desist strategy.

https://www.vorys.com/publications-1819.html

They’ve also published several white papers but I’m not giving them info to download them

https://www.vorysecontrol.com/resources/white-papers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a fascinating read. Thanks.

Slightly frightening and possibly a case exercising power to create fear without justification. 

I'll be really interested if and when one of these does go to court!

18 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Unfortunately, the recent Walmart saga of dozens of shady 3rd party sellers selling counterfeit lego lends credence to Vorys claims of lego having processes in place to vet sellers. They can always point this out to a judge and say this is what happens.........

But you- legitimate seller - aren’t selling counterfeit Lego . Plus what QC does Lego provide from retired sets ? After a while one can argue it is the 3PS that provide that kind of service. Or just dump everything in bags and sell as like new ? Just stuff to consider, I’m in no way giving any legal advice here 

19 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

But you- legitimate seller - aren’t selling counterfeit Lego . Plus what QC does Lego provide from retired sets ? After a while one can argue it is the 3PS that provide that kind of service. Or just dump everything in bags and sell as like new ? Just stuff to consider, I’m in no way giving any legal advice here 

But if you did not buy your product directly from the manufacturer, how can you be ***sure*** that what you're selling is legitimate, complete, and not counterfeit?  When product is sourced from an authorized retailer like Walmart or Target, it seems like it should be legit, but there were those jokers selling the counterfeit modulars at xmas last year and we've all heard the stories about people returning sets after removing pieces.  If someone was savvy enough to know that reselling Lego can be highly profitable, but not savvy enough to differentiate fake product from real product or identify sets that had been opened, you end up with counterfeit or incomplete products being sold to consumers.  And if Lego does not differentiate between currently available products and retired products, it would likely be because every Lego product -- current or retired -- represents the Lego brand and a counterfeit or incomplete retired set can be just as damaging to a consumer's view of the brand as one that is new.  

36 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Agreed. Just noting that the recent walmart saga is most unhelpful to the reselling community.

who is vorys working for? 

has the lego group contracted with vorys to seek out 3p sellers? 

or is vorys just harrassing 3p sellers trying to get them to stop selling by intimidation without any actual standing in the game so to speak (e.g. the brand they are threatening you over has not contracted with vorys to do so). 

if this is the case, then you can try to give them a taste of the sphincter tightening medicine by filing a breach of legal ethics with the bar that the lawyer threatening you is licensed from.  this is taken very seriously and if they are threatening you without any merit, that might scare the crap out of them.  if they have merit, it might just piss them off but still will be a  shot across the bow from you so to speak.  

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Unfortunately, the recent Walmart saga of dozens of shady 3rd party sellers selling counterfeit lego lends credence to Vorys claims of lego having processes in place to vet sellers. They can always point this out to a judge and say this is what happens.........

I really don't see how Lego can make such a claim when they allow anyone to sell their product on their own 3p marketplace in new or used condition and collect fees from the selling of said product. At no point do they limit selling on Bricklink nor do they ask 3p sellers to acknowledge a chain or custody for their product or prove in any way that it is authentic. They're fine with Bricklink as a self-policing community and appear happy to make money off of it.  

The legality of Lego suing a 3p seller under these circumstances for offering their product for sale on marketplace while allowing the same seller to open an account and sell the very same products on their own marketplace escapes me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What percentage of your inventory is QF new / non-retired sets ?

Less than 5%.

Maybe I should just close all non-retired sets for a while. Those don't sell anyway at the prices desired to make some $

Edited by vasp

• Bold-Arrow changed the title to No Vorys; Be Happy