• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Alpinemaps changed the title to No Vorys; Be Happy
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, legorunner said:

Do we have any new information about the types of sales recipients are making? IIRC the original recipient was QF current sets on Amazon - are these new letter targeting general buy and hold types as well? 

I will say this, Amazon will complain to the brand if you are constantly undercutting them as they want to know how someone is able to buy said items lower than them and still turn a profit. Since these items aren’t coming from the manufacturer the IP holder will then have their Watchdogs go after 3ps via those letters. They ( amazon, IP and watchdog ) have a set of complicated software to make this happen . 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I will say this, Amazon will complain to the brand if you are constantly undercutting them as they want to know how someone is able to buy said items lower than them and still turn a profit. Since these items aren’t coming from the manufacturer the IP holder will then have their Watchdogs go after 3ps via those letters. They ( amazon, IP and watchdog ) have a set of complicated software to make this happen . 

Great to have monopoly of the market like Amazon.  If 3PS sell too low, Amazon can pressure the brands to squash the competitions, but if 3PS price the items too high Amazon will arbitrarily shut down those offers from the ASINs. :lolu:

• Like 1

I don’t see Amazon going after 3ps until the supply chain normalizes again. Opening the gates to 3ps hasn’t helped resellers in terms of pricing, but I think it’s clear that it helped Amazon keep its profits sky high.

I’m going to avoid QFLL sets for now—just not enough profit or volume to warrant the risk of getting lettered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, legorunner said:

Do we have any new information about the types of sales recipients are making? IIRC the original recipient was QF current sets on Amazon - are these new letter targeting general buy and hold types as well? 

I got one last week. Came via Fedex next day air.  I don't sell on walmart anymore, just amazon.  Last sale on walmart was more than a year ago. 

Edited by vasp

57 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

sorry to hear. do you qfll or buy / hold. Did you undercut amazons price

Always buy & hold. Not sure why people would undercut amazon prices. No, I don't.

Amazon doesn't normally sell the items I sell as they are already OOS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On the FB post someone commented that he has received dozens over the years from Vorys........and always throws them in the trash. Hopefully some clarity will arise when the dust settles if that is a viable option. Seems like others are retaining lawyers. Personally I only know of one person that got the letter - he was worried about ignoring and agreed 100% to their demands. I wonder how others are handling. This is definitely the number 1 threat to lego reselling since I began in 2016. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. 

So, anyone have thoughts on why LEGO hasn't issued any public communication about this? It seems like a press release outlining their concerns about resellers and outlining a plan to pursue legal action would both play well with the average consumer AND save LEGO in legal fees as some/many folks voluntarily give up the game. 

• Bold-Arrow changed the title to No Vorys; Be Happy