Collectable Minifigure Boxes - who buys them?

TheDarkness

I'm just trying to determine how many people here buy the CMFs by the box load and what they do with them. Outside of a few packs of Series 2, I never bought any until I decided to get a box of Series 5. Since then I have bought at least 3 of every box, flipping the sets but never keeping any of them for the long term. I just bought 4 boxes of Series 2, gleefully opening one box to make the three sets but now contemplating keeping one to hold onto for future value. What do people do with their minifig boxes if they buy them in bulk?

I'll admit that for the longest time I had no idea how to buy a sealed box at all. Even now after I do know, I still would only plan to buy one box or more when the minifigure ratio suits me like the upcoming Series 10. I typically want a complete set and just like feeling for the characters I want extras of, so buying a box doesn't always work in my favor. However with Series 10, the ratio is good all around even with the ones I'll get extras of. A lot of army builders and some with pieces I'll use for other custom characters. At first I couldn't think of a reason for all those Motorcycle Mechanics I would end up with, but now that I had an idea for a biker gang I'm cool with it. I'll have a couple that I could always sell later on should I decide to.

On investing with Minifigures, it looks like the optimum times to sell are very, very early in the beginning before most people even have a chance to find any for themselves or much, much later down the road when diehard collectors must collect the earlier Series' to complete their collection and supply becomes scarce. At least, that is how the game looks like to me.

On a side note, I have been thinking for myself when I have enough cash on the side to buy a sealed box for each of the older Series'. Chances are I'm gonna want all those extras for myself! Ha ha.