Buy Lego to sell Lego to buy Lego.

If I could have only one Lego set, it would be 852293, the Castle Giant Chess Set. I own 36 other sets, but not the one I covet most. I've spent more than it costs. I've built more than it costs. But I haven't sold enough to not feel guilty about dropping 1500 bucks on one set. Once, I asked my wife if I could use 3 grand to buy the best 10179 I could find. She said yes, but only if I sell all my other sets first. Well, that was the plan from the beginning: to buy, build, and sell so I could afford to keep the best. But really, I could have just bought the best from the outset. I could be beaming at my two favorite Lego sets, and I wouldn't be a penny poorer than I am right now. Why haven't I bought them? Because I have 36 other pretty damn cool sets instead. And selling a Technic Flatbed Truck for 25% profit, four days after you found it, recognized its potential, haggled its cost, and drove it home, is a phenomenon of modern intuition. Speculating, buying, and selling are icing on the cake. I've realized that my Lego profits won't ever buy me the Castle Giant Chess Set. I've also realized that I don't mind, as long as I have a new set to build. I hope it is the same for you.

Great story, I'm pretty sure this is probably close to the vision the creators of this site had for people to get out of their work when they created it to help you do what you are doing. It's nice to see you love building just as much as selling. For me, building is an awesome stress reliever, and the rush of chasing down and purchasing a discounted set when you know it will be worth so much more is almost as equally exciting.

It is how I started, and then my sales started outstripping what I was getting for myself which is a good thing. But then I was running out of room, so the sets for myself started being sold off. I think I screwed it up somehow lol I love building. It just is something to distract my mind which with so much going on can feel like a washing machine filled with glass.

Problem for me, at the moment is fact I want an army of Uruk-Hai for my event of Helm's Deep and they are so expensive and i am low on cash.... So I have to wait for each month income to put some money aside and make myself not buy more LEGO sets for later selling. Guess Ill have ot unload some of my stuff cheaper than expected to fund my wish for LEGO LOTR!