Show and Tell

Bennylee just shared something great with us. A small story that started with a sad loss but ended with something that made at least myself smile. And he gave me a great idea. I wonder who has the greatest connection to LEGO past. So how about a little competition to see who are the greatest fans of those little plastic bricks. We are refering to their collection, not investment sets. We are looking for 3 categories: Who owns the oldest complete set. Who owns the oldest set MISB or close to mint. Who owns the oldest set closest to their year of birth. You must have a complete set, manuals included but you are not required to have the box. Photos required if you are close to the oldest. I will start, I unfortunately only go back to 1999 with a 7140 Star Wars X-Wing. I will say this set is flawless, without a box. I was born in 87 so I'm 12 years away. Who can do better? I look forward to seeing photos of some awesomely vintage sets! EDIT: My Galaxy S3 apparently takes photos too big to upload.... and since I doubt I'm anywhere close to winning any category I will just not worry about it. EDIT 2: So I figured out simple way for anyone struggling with photos. Save to your comp, find in file explorer, right-click > open with paint, resize, save as, done.

This is my collection from childhood. I still have the boxes and manuals. I don't have pics just yet because it is locked behind a wall while I finish our basement, but trust me it's all there :) Closest sets to my birthday I think are main street and 722, both 1980. We were dirt poor so I usually only got a few small sets a year and a bigger set for christmas. This is about 10 years of collecting. I used to flip through the catalogs for hours and just dream about owning a huge whole scene like they showed. Funny thing is I liked the space theme more but my parents wanted me to stay with city. I used to end up building the sets, tearing them apart and building spaceships. Toward the end I had a very impressive ship-inside-a-ship-inside-a-ship thing going. 2 feet by 3 feet or so, completely rainbow warrior style. 6391-1 Cargo Center 7722-1 Steam Cargo Train Set 6390-1 Main Street 6273-1 Rock Island Refuge 6392-1 Airport 6984-1 Galactic Mediator 722-1 Universal Building Set, 7+ 6373-1 Motorcycle Shop 6941-1 Battrax 6894-1 Invader 6696-1 Fuel Tanker 6590-1 Vacation Camper 6381-1 Motor Speedway 6697-1 Rescue-I Helicopter 6690-1 Snorkel Pumper 6682-1 Cement Mixer 6684-1 Police Patrol Squad 6606-1 Road Repair Set 6658-1 Bulldozer 6663-1 Wave Rebel 6654-1 Motorcycle Transport 6522-1 Highway Patrol 6632-1 Tactical Patrol Truck 6524-1 Blizzard Blazer 6631-1 Steam Shovel 6604-1 Formula 1 Racer 6607-1 Service Truck

I wish I knew how to shrink the size, so the forum will accept it.

You can take a screen shot of your picture.

Here is mine. Tell me if I am breaking the rules...

7191 Mos Espa Podrace

7150 Y-Wing & TIE Fighter

Born in '99, these were released in '99. I think these were my dad's or something.

I'll be getting some on tuesday or so, but while I sort and build them it could take a while for me to post any pictures. I will eventually though!

Cool man. I look forward to seeing them!

Me too actually lol. It has been years since I last saw them. At least 12 years since I last built them and probably 11 years without even seeing them, since they were on a bunch of boxes stored away lol.

I was born in 1984, so here are the sets I have that are within my year of birth. I still have instructions and the parts but can't really build anything yet & take pics for a while. Room is a mess and I need to put more focus into my work from home. :-S

Motorcycle Shop 6373

Supply Wagon 6010

Catapult 6030

Blacksmith Shop 6040

Knight's Castle 6073

They were my older sister's Lego before being handed down to me when I was around three years old.

Guess she really liked Castle! ;) Had so much fun with the Motorcylce Shop and Blacksmith Shop.

Some of the sets arrived today. Not a huge collection, but does bring some memories back lol. I'll get to sort and build this over the next few days. Mostly "Artic", Amazon Ancient Ruins, a bunch of Egypt and the fire station.

Would love to see some of the artic sets built!

Be sure to share when they're done.