Monster Fighters and Super Heroes sets discounted and red tagged at Wal-Mart

exciter1

I went to three Walmarts today, all had the same clearanced items listed above. Closest one that carried VC was an hour away though. It showed in stock when I left my house. When I got to the store the shelf was empty. I asked the Walmart employee if there were anymore in the back. She said, "I don't think so, but I'll check anyway." Well, I walked out with 10 VC at $69 each.

10!? High roller. I could only afford to buy two!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to three Walmarts today, all had the same clearanced items listed above. Closest one that carried VC was an hour away though. It showed in stock when I left my house. When I got to the store the shelf was empty. I asked the Walmart employee if there were anymore in the back. She said, "I don't think so, but I'll check anyway." Well, I walked out with 10 VC at $69 each.

I guess it pays to ask! I couldn't afford to buy that many but that's pretty cool.

I made a quick stop at a third Wal-Mart after work, I think I'm probably good on MF now but I wanted to find the Batmobile set people are reporting for 35, however it's still being sold for full retail at my stores. Kind of weird how so much of the Marvel sets are clearanced but not the DC. Oh, and the MF sets at this store were completely picked through and there was very little left, the tiny sets and the VC's were gone completely, just a couple Ghost trains and Hearses left. Now I know which store to avoid as it looks like another collector is lurking this one. Good things theres about 10 Walmarts in Austin.

My area Walmart had 2 Vampyer Castles but one had double seals on 4 seals and the other had double seals on 2 of the 4.

I walked away after seeing that...

What's the deal with the double seals? Do you buy sets that have double seals?

All but two VC at my local TRU had the double seals. Lego prob added them for extra protection from boxes opening due to climate, weight, etc... They had about 9 in-stock

Nice!

I made a quick stop at a third Wal-Mart after work, I think I'm probably good on MF now but I wanted to find the Batmobile set people are reporting for 35, however it's still being sold for full retail at my stores. Kind of weird how so much of the Marvel sets are clearanced but not the DC.

I went to a few more yesterday, one of them had the Batmobile set discounted, two others didn't. But they did have the Captain America one discounted at all 3. Kind of weird. Keep checking I guess...

So I already picked up a few VC's and ghost trains. I went to my walmart and just about everything was wiped out except I saw two of the crazy scientist set #9466. Is this worth picking up? I think the figures are cool but the set is self is a little lackluster in my opinion but at $35 it isn't so bad.

So I already picked up a few VC's and ghost trains. I went to my walmart and just about everything was wiped out except I saw two of the crazy scientist set #9466. Is this worth picking up? I think the figures are cool but the set is self is a little lackluster in my opinion but at $35 it isn't so bad.

I think it's a bit lackluster myself and don't see it appreciating that well but $35 does leave some leigh way for profit.

The highest I've seen was around $60 in July last year. I love the minifigures though!

yesterday went to 3 wm and bought 2 vp castles, 3 ghost trains, 3 mad scientist, 2 warewolfs, 2 hearse. Should I get more ghost trains? I am gonna stop by a few more wm today they are everywhere! Gonna have to sell another live star to fund the Monster fighter cache

Stopped by a Walmart today and picked up a few but didnt see many castles. Decided to run by another one that had 2 castles but one was opened. I grabbed them both since I don't have a VC to build for myself yet, only mint boxes to resell.... I showed them to the cashier and asked if they could take anything off since the item was opened. She said the most they usually do is 10% and called over her manager. He said they would knock off 10% and i jokingly asked him if he would do 20% since it was the last one and on clearance. To my surprise, he said sure and knocked $14 off of the $69. Now I don't feel guilty keeping it to build for myself :) moral of the story is that it never hurts to ask...

Was at my local Walmart and all monster fighters were redrafted. Vampire Castke was 69. Ghost Train 54. Werewolf was 13. Not sure if this is everywhere though. Does this mean they are being discontinued? Or just by Walmart?

Yes, it is a nationwide deal. Check this thread for more information! :)

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3313/P60/

Was at my local Walmart and all monster fighters were redrafted. Vampire Castke was 69. Ghost Train 54. Werewolf was 13. Not sure if this is everywhere though. Does this mean they are being discontinued? Or just by Walmart?

Where are you located? The Walmart by my house has them discounted too. I still have 3 other Walmarts that I haven't checked yet.

I picked up:

5 Vampyre Castles for $70

1 Ghost Train for $50

10 polybags for $1 each

Gonna quickly flip them. Should net me about $100 after fees.

I'm actually surprised to hear that people are still finding VC's in their cities this late after the start of that clearance. I snagged three VC's on the morning of the 2nd day of the clearance, but by day 3 I couldn't find a single VC at any Wal-Mart withing 35 miles of me (About 8 Walmarts). I guess alot of it depends on your local demographics and how popular Lego is in your area. If something goes on clearance here in my town I have to be on it immediately or it's gone.