Monster Fighters and Super Heroes sets discounted and red tagged at Wal-Mart

exciter1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok quick update. If you are hunting at walmart find one of the "can't find a price?" hubs. One near me had nothing marked but had Captain America and Ghost Train ring up with those clearance deals. Weird nothing else on the list did though. I also tried a few extras but still nothing. Just a tip

Well apparently my theory about so cal not having clearances was wrong. Just stopped at a local Walmart and picked up 2x 9468 vampire castles for $69 1x 9467 ghost train for $54 1x 9464 for $25 1x 9463 for $13 There were 4 more VC's but only one was good box. If I had more funds I would of picked up more! I'm debating going back and getting one more VC after work ;-P Also just a note all sets were still on their original shelfs but marked down there.

Thoughts on these and worth picking up? LOTR 9474 Battle of Helm's Deep $89.00 (2) - Sealed but damaged box Monster Fighters 9467 Ghost Train $54.00 (Many available) Monster Fighters 9463 The Werewolf $13.00 (Many available) Monster Fighters 9466 The Crazy Scientist and his Monster $35.00 (Many available) Monster Fighters 9468 Vampyre Castle $69.00 (Many available) Marvel Super Heroes 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle $49.00 (2) Any of these worth picking up at these prices? Sales tax is 8%.

Has anyone else checked about Helm's Deep being on clearance as well besides all the MF sets? My WM didn't have it marked down but I didn't check with the price scanner...

Only one of my 3 local Wal-Marts are stocking Helm's deep and it still scanned at $129.99.

I went to three Walmarts today, all had the same clearanced items listed above. Closest one that carried VC was an hour away though. It showed in stock when I left my house. When I got to the store the shelf was empty. I asked the Walmart employee if there were anymore in the back. She said, "I don't think so, but I'll check anyway." Well, I walked out with 10 VC at $69 each.

Same report for me from Washington state. Went to one Walmart, nothing in the clearance aisle but red-tagged on the shelf. No VC's at this particular one. I grabbed on Captain America cycle, two Loki Cosmic Cube (one of which my son built tonight :-)), and one Batmobile Two-Face chase for. $9, $13, and $35 on the prices as other have reported. There is a Walmart a bit north of me that had probably 12-14 VC's last time I was there. Going to hit that one tomorrow and maybe grab one more, as I have a couple already. Also, seeing the Lone Ranger sets on shelves, they look quite a bit cooler in person, I am warming up on them...