Monster Fighters and Super Heroes sets discounted and red tagged at Wal-Mart

exciter1

As reported on other sites all Monster Fighter sets and a few Super Heroes sets have been discounted at Wal-Mart. This is pretty much a nation-wide markdown, but there may be a few Wal-Marts that don't adjust their prices. You can consider this YMMV, but these reports are popping up everywhere. Batmobile & Two-Face $35 Catwomen Catcycle $9 Captain America $9 Loki's Cosmic Cube $13 Monster & Crazy Scientist $35 Vampyre Hearse $25 Mummy $7 Werewolf $13 Swamp Creature $5 Ghost Train $54 Vampyre Castle $69 Go get one or two

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As reported on other sites all Monster Fighter sets and a few Super Heroes sets have been discounted at Wal-Mart. This is pretty much a nation-wide markdown, but there may be a few Wal-Marts that don't adjust their prices. You can consider this YMMV, but these reports are popping up everywhere.

Batmobile & Two-Face $35

Catwomen Catcycle $9

Captain America $9

Loki's Cosmic Cube $13

Monster & Crazy Scientist $35

Vampyre Hearse $25

Mummy $7

Werewolf $13

Swamp Creature $5

Ghost Train $54

Vampyre Castle $69 Go get one or two

Out of curiosity, what are the other sites?

Out of curiosity, what are the other sites?

Brickset.com and Toysnbricks.com at the moment. I only bought 1 of 4 Vampyre Castles, but the other boxes were pretty beat up. I'm hitting the road for a business trip this weekend, so I might make a few stops along the way.

I only had time to stop at one WalMart after work, but this clearance is legit in my area. It looked like another collector had already hit it, as the VC's were all gone, but they still had 2 trains, 2 scientists, and a few of everything else. I grabbed one of each of everything else and I'm going to hit another WalMart tomorrow. The super Hero stuff was picked through worse than the Monster Fighters, all they had left was the Captain America cycle. I did check the regular aisle and noticed that Monster Fighters have been replaced by Lone Ranger sets.

I just got back from checking the two closest Wal-Marts to me. The first had multiples of all the Monster Fighter sets but they were all still regular price. The second one had none of them in the regular LEGO section but they did have 1 Ghost Train and 3 Werewolf sets in the clearance section. However, their idea of clearance prices are a joke! The Ghost Train was $75 and the Werewolf sets were $18 each. Needless to say, I passed on all of them. They also had the Batcave clearanced at $65 and the TIE Fighter at $45, which was only $5 off each one. Ridiculous!

Living in southern California with about 35 million other people makes finding clearance items next to impossible. I'm pretty confident I've never seen any clearance items worth my attention. :-(

Amen to that... even if there's a clearance item, it's been opened and resealed.

I'm about to hit another location to look....my advice to those who haven't found anything yet is check around the whole store, the first WM I went to had the Lego Clearance in a completely different area from where the toy clearance usually is. My WM's almost never clearance anything either but I really think it had a lot to do with their Lone Ranger stock. The Lego aisle at that 1st location was full and there was no way they would have been able to put out LR without moving something, so MF got the axe.

Ok, after hitting a second store in my area, it seems like the Monster Fighters stuff is really going away for good, as it was all on clearance as well, but the Super Heroes stuff is kind of hit and miss. This WM store left the Monster Fighter stuff right there in the aisle but they still red tagged it, there were 3 VC's left for 69 but I only nabbed 2 as the box on the third one was pretty dinged up. As for Super Heroes, only the following sets were on clearance: 6869 Quinjet - 49.00 6865 Cap's Cycle - 9.00 6858 Catwoman Chase - 9.00 6866 Wolverine Chopper Showdown - 13.00 So my results were quite a bit different on the SH stuff, the Batmobile was still full price but the Quinjet was marked down from 69.97.

I hit 2 Walmarts this morning (Grand Rapids, MI area). One had all MF sets except the VC and they were all marked down to the prices everyone is reporting. The other had no MF stuff at all. Neither had anything else on clearance. I might try a couple more later today.

As for Super Heroes, only the following sets were on clearance:

6869 Quinjet - 49.00

6865 Cap's Cycle - 9.00

6858 Catwoman Chase - 9.00

6866 Wolverine Chopper Showdown - 13.00

So my results were quite a bit different on the SH stuff, the Batmobile was still full price but the Quinjet was marked down from 69.97.

Saw these same prices, except out of Catwomans and Wolverines. Log Cabins were down to $21 too at the Wal-Mart I visited that had clearance (other Wal-Mart hadn't marked anything down yet).

Hit couple WalMarts this AM as well on Long Island. No red tags or clearance aisle items. Does anyone know if Target will react/match WalMart due to competitor?

Target will not march the clearance prices at Walmart. At least in my experience but you might get lucky. If you have a receipt from Walmat it may be worth a try but my guess is they wont.