IDEAS 21340 - Tales of the Space Age

melting

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

That does not look anything like this, hence my incorrect guess

image.png

Also, the more I think about it, the 4th one looks static compare to the more dynamic looking first 3.  So it is kind of out of place, at least to my eyes. :dontknow:

Anyone else sick of the “lifestyle environment” product photos?  This one especially looks fake.  That little telescope on the shelf won’t see anything beyond the neighbors house.  The Peter Pan model almost looks cgi  1868AFF6-F528-493D-ADB6-D141531F07D0.thumb.png.381a25e43e61c76a503156acf4dbcbe1.png

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Anyone else sick of the “lifestyle environment” product photos?  This one especially looks fake.  That little telescope on the shelf won’t see anything beyond the neighbors house.  The Peter Pan model almost looks cgi  1868AFF6-F528-493D-ADB6-D141531F07D0.thumb.png.381a25e43e61c76a503156acf4dbcbe1.png

Would be hilarious if the photos were more realistic:
image.png.e41f1df8f9bc983407bc19a8e4a9b138.png

*Not my house, too organized. 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

wow, this is the worst ideas set ive ever seen. even adidas beats this

It’s not bad. Just not worthy of an Ideas set. Looks like an Etsy product or something made to be sold at a craft show. Generic in its simplicity. 

Edited by Mathew

12 minutes ago, Aup27 said:

Surprised they didnt have each tile be a gift with purchase instead. 

Probably licensing / agreement problem?  Can LEGO accept one IDEAS submission and break it down to 3 separate sets on release ?  The agreement seems to indicate LEGO can modify an idea to great length (ie. Foosball table), but does it cover breaking an idea to 3 different sets ? :dontknow:

ETA: probably the answer is as simple as when LEGO accept a submission, they give it 1 set number.  If they break the idea to 3 then they have to add 2 more LEGO numbers.  They probably wouldn't / couldn't do that once the (re-)design began.

Edited by Darth_Raichu
ETA

• 2 weeks later...