Polybag / exclusives question

Hey guys I am trying to find out how to get information on exclusive polybags. I have visited brickset and realize you can find some info under theme by year, but I would like to know how I find out about these exclusive polybags before they hit shelves. Great example is Gandalf polybag, which I believe was an exclusive to Target or Walmart. How would I know if more are to be released and where they are headed? Any ideas?

Let me see if I am interpreting this correctly. You are wondering how you know if a polybag is an exclusive, where it is exclusive to (area/region + store) etc. before the polybag is actually released? This is a hefty load of info. The only way to really check whether a store has a certain set/polybag is to ask their customer services IN STORE. If only TRU for example has the set, then you can figure out that it is a TRU exclusive. I guess this kind of fits in this thread...does TLG ever sell polybags? Online or instore, doesn't matter.

I don't think I've ever seen Target having any Polybags.

Mine usually have them at every-other check out line. They don't have them with the other Lego sets. It's at the check out line where they have packs of "UNO", batteries, disposeable cameras, etc. I've only seen them on clearance once, and they were 2 aisles away from the regular Lego aisle. They were hanging on a rack above eye level of me, so I almost missed this one. I am in the habit of looking below and at eye-level, since the boring stuff is usually above.

I don't think I've ever seen Target having any Polybags.

I find the 'regular' polybags by the checkout like comicblast mentioned with stuff like batteries, bubble gum, chapstick, all the odd bits. As for 'exclusive' polybags, I have been finding those in the general seasonal/holiday candy area. That area varies from Target to Target so I can't quite pinpoint where it is precisely but I do know it is basically where you would find the Easter or Valentines Day chocolate and candies. If anything, you can always ask an employee where they have certain polybags.

I have visited brickset and realize you can find some info under theme by year, but I would like to know how I find out about these exclusive polybags before they hit shelves.

Brickset has pretty much been the one spot to generally find that info (a few times Brickipedia). Sometimes the site does have the info beforehand but usually not. For certain polybags I'm looking for, I just end up having to check roughly every other day and hope to get lucky. For the most part, I just look everywhere in each store when I do my shopping. I've found ones before Brickset even had the info as well as sometimes way after the timeframe they had listed.

As for that Gandulf polybag, first it was a Toys R Us exclusive, then I found it at Walmart. Haven't seen him at Target yet.