4204 - The Mine

M4x18

I only sell in Spain for now - it might be true that this is one of those sets where local demand differs (like the SC) but it is not normal to sell two sets so much above RRP so quickly so if they can be found for 99 then I would get more.  The only one now on sale here costs 167!

• 2 weeks later...

4204 shows as out of stock now on S@H. Hit my local TRU and found a bunch; the manager priced-matched a Walmart online ad @ $82/set. Bought 10 at this price. This is among my 5+ multi-set purchases, hope I didn't make a bad mistake.

$82/set is risky. Many were able to obtain it in the $60s and low $70s. Additionally, we'll prob have some sort of refresh by the time the set is totally sold-out everywhere.

$82/set is risky. Many were able to obtain it in the $60s and low $70s. Additionally, we'll prob have some sort of refresh by the time the set is totally sold-out everywhere.

A refresh on the Mine?  I doubt that will be soon.  Even City Construction, which is done much more often, has at least four year gaps in refreshes.  

• Like 1

A refresh on the Mine? I doubt that will be soon. Even City Construction, which is done much more often, has at least four year gaps in refreshes.

This nicely designed set debuted in 2012. Some folks forget how long it's been available. All of the other mining sets in this sub theme retired and pretty much sold-out by late 2013. We'll see something somewhat similar 1-2 years (construction-wise) . That's all I meant.

I also thought $82 was a higher buy-in price considering many sellers are able to undercut those who paid $80+.

He is right so I will buy them all from you - no issues. I could sell them all day at that price and turn a tidy profit. Maybe in the US things are different but this set has just disappeared here and it is in high demand.

Yes, I'm speaking from a US perspective. Since sets are cheaper in the US, I might buy at that price if living in Spain. A US buyer purchasing 10 @ $82 each us a hefty # considering other investment options.

• 1 month later...

Picked up 2 for $74 each at TRU today. Had to edit that.

I have a feeling, the guys building a BIG city, would want a mine somewhere in the geography.

I was planning to create some rural mining area. But the main issue with that is the lack of space.

The set had a nice EOL spike, but has slowed down a bit since then. As long as it remains as unique as it is, it should still have some growth potential though. Still wonder if it will perform better long term than 60022.