Finally completed all series :)

stackables

Yesterday, I received a complete set of Team GB to complete all of the collectable minifig series sets. I really got addicted to collecting these this year and was able to find some good deals on some figs and trade for others. Can't wait til series 10 comes out. Unfortunately, I do not think the gold fig will be in my future though. I assume that they will cost around what the exclusives comic con figs sell for.

Don't they come in every box?

Nope, around 10,000 in the whole world, if I remember correctly. Way more are released internationally though. Hard to guess, but let's say 10 boxes a store, and say 200,000 stores carry this many in the whol world... you have a 1/20 chance. I'll bet the odds are even worst than that though!

Yesterday, I received a complete set of Team GB to complete all of the collectable minifig series sets. I really got addicted to collecting these this year and was able to find some good deals on some figs and trade for others. Can't wait til series 10 comes out. Unfortunately, I do not think the gold fig will be in my future though. I assume that they will cost around what the exclusives comic con figs sell for.

Gratz man!

So now you have to answer the big question... what was/is more fun, the hunt, or the arrival?

It is scary that I am slowly being drawn into these things. I don't see much potential resell value in them, but they are fun as heck collecting. I picked up a few from B&****** during their B1G1 50% off sell since they had some series 7 figs laying around and then today I went by a Toys R Us store that was moving and thus had all of their stuff 20% off... since their Lego sets are marked up that much, I decided to nab the rest of their series 9 minifigures and spent about 20 minutes feeling the sets to rule out the duplicates and picked up 8 from series 9......stupid addiction lol.

Finds Mr. Gold - immediately runs around singing - "I've gotta golden ticket!"

Then random 13 year old snatches it away then runs. Obviously not me! (<-sarcasm intended) I would be extremely excited if I got one, gloat about it to all of you, then I would probably end up losing it or something. ;)

Yep, it was pretty fun collecting the sets. Nice to finally have them completed. I wasn't going to get the Team GB set but a cool English guy hooked me up with a great trade. Guess I will have to get the minifig book too for the toy soldier. I really think lego has done a great job making the figures. Anyone want to speculate on how much a golden figure will cost on ebay?

Yep, it was pretty fun collecting the sets. Nice to finally have them completed. I wasn't going to get the Team GB set but a cool English guy hooked me up with a great trade. Guess I will have to get the minifig book too for the toy soldier. I really think lego has done a great job making the figures. Anyone want to speculate on how much a golden figure will cost on ebay?

The first couple on the eBay market...$150? They could eventually level out at $50 though.

awesome job! as a collector it is always fun completing a set. slightly off topic...i haven't gotten into these minifigs myself, but was thinking about starting a collection with my kids. where is the best place to buy them retail? who has them the cheapest, not including sales? who seems to run the best deals on them when they are available in a sale? i can rattle off the retail price of pretty much any set, but i have never paid attention to the minifig prices. thanks in advance.

Great job. I assume it must have been hard to find them all. Are they all new or are they open?

Great job. I assume it must have been hard to find them all. Are they all new or are they open?

About 70% opened and the rest sealed. It all depended on if I traded for them or bought them. I usually just looked for open ones. The ones I have sealed are hard to keep that way because the bags don't display well :)