Collectible Mini figures of the future

Legoprofits

I'm guessing the minifigures that only appear in 1 set will end up being worth alot more than ones that exist in multiples. The same Iron Man appears in multiple Superhero sets, which will downgrade it's individual value. As of now I believe Samwise Gamgee only appears in 1 LOTR set which may make him worth more once that set goes EOL if they do not produce a duplicate in a new set. It also depends upon the inherent popularity of the character.

Are we talking for investment purposes? Excluding and specific figures and using more of a broad, theme v theme approach, I am of the opinion LOTR / Hobbit will be the most valuable in the years to come. Here's my reasoning. They have a nice big fan base, but will not have the 50 remakes of each minifigure that SW deals with. Ok 50 is an exageration.... but you get the point. There are so many SW minis, that you will just naturally have some poor ones. Lotr/Hobbit will come and go as a theme, unlike SW. However I wouldn't recommend investing in minifigures. If you want to do quick flips, or part out a set, that's one thing... but it would be hard to try and truly invest in minis.

How much would the orc forge and the barrel escape increase in value each year would you guess?

I really don't know, but Barrel Escape should do well because many peope won't really know the context of the set until the next Hobbit movie is released, and by then, it will hopefully be EOL, plus it will be Christmas. :)

Those are probably 3rd party sellers who are just trolling hoping that someone who didn't do their homework will bite on it at that price. You should look at the price guide here to get an actual idea of what sets go for...this site uses completed eBay auctions to gauge value.

All three minifigures included in Wolverine's Chopper Showdown and Arctic Batman/Mr Freeze - Aquaman on Ice will probably not appear in any other set. I can see the Wolverine and Arctic Suit Batman minifigures being worth something at least. Then there's Venom in that Spider Cycle Chase, Dr Doom in Daily Bugle Showdown, Iron Fist from Doc Ock Ambush. Hmm, I only just realized how I'm only talking about Super Hero sets. So much for variety. In short, anyone that won't appear in more than one set.