Does Anyone Invest In SW etc, Minifigures Like Sets?

Blackjack

Does anybody buy minifigures when they have just been released or at great prices, let them appreciate for a few years, and then sell them large gains like you do with sets? (I know that a large gain with a minifig isn't the same as a set, because a high priced minifig usually doesn't top $30) There is an unofficial "Lego store" where I live, which sells custom models and minifigs at exorbitant prices. For example, he has a Santa Yoda in his $25 case! This could be an example of investing in minifigures, because idiotic mothers pay 3x actual value for minifigures. However, IrishGuy66 and I manage to pull a profit on this guy by trading in some of our junky minifigures for good ones. (I just got a K-3PO) In the end, this dude still makes a profit by selling our figs at crazy prices. Do you invest in none CM minifigures as well? Thoughts?

Yes. I have bought a couple of SW minufigure lots to flip as well as collect. Here's the deal, ebay lots are a great place to pick up inventory. Usually you are looking at cost/fig. If you can buy around the $1.90-2.25 range, you can make some money. Drawbacks... Paypal fee. The % fee for ebay and paypal is not really a problem; it's the $.30/transaction fee that will eat you alive here. Time. This becomes much more of a hassle to handle than sets. Profits are so small dollar wise it can become taxing. However, if you are a collector like me, it is a lot of fun. I usually pick out ones I want to keep and sell the rest to cover my costs. I may be in the red now because I have kept so many, but eventually I will both profit and have a 500+ collection that will be worth a pretty penny.

Well, I haven't invested for that long, but what I have done is parted out a set. Not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about, but it is similar. Seperate all the minifigures then sell them. Theoretically it does work as an investment, assuming you have a very rare minifigure like the Cloud City Boba Fett. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have collected about 100+ minifigures including chrome gold c3-p0 i got for 35 on ebay bargain and chrome stormtrooper and the rest of that set and have all gone up since i bought them if u watch ebay people drop them quite low and if ur lucky u get them cheqp and easily make a profit. Also buying bulk lots cheap you get some valuable 1s.