Minifigs worth more than the set used

stackables

I always find it interesting that somehow the minifigs the comprise a lego set are worth more than the set used. Many of the battlepacks are like this. I also just noticed General Grievous Starfighter 8095 set sells used for around $20, General Grievous figure alone sells for $20-$35. Could be some profit to be had with that set.

I always find it interesting that somehow the minifigs the comprise a lego set are worth more than the set used. Many of the battlepacks are like this. I also just noticed General Grievous Starfighter 8095 set sells used for around $20, General Grievous figure alone sells for $20-$35. Could be some profit to be had with that set.

You are correct and this is a point I will be making on my next article about Battle Packs.

• 2 months later...

This is a great point, and a very good way for people who love to build, but don't necessarily care about mini figs. I use this tactic to essentially build sets for free. If I see a set I want to build, I will analyze the current value of the mini figs in that sets. There are many sets out there right now whose mini figs are worth more separately than the set as a whole. I have built a few free sets recently and it always feels better when you get to build the set without having to see the impact it has on your wallet. :)

• 4 months later...

A good example is the Dessert Skiff. Mine used is only worth $4 in my Brickfolio, but the Boba Fett is $9 on Bricklink!

Just some bad data on a new set for this set probably. A lot of skiffs without figures or figures only make newer used sets very difficult to get good data for a bit. I noticed the same thing on the Uruk Hai set a while back and the guys got it fixed.