Do multiple listings affect how much one ends with?

TheOrcKing

I have been a pretty active ebayer for more than a decade and the short answer to your question is yes it does. It's really classic supply and demand. If there are a lot of something listed then bidders are more willing to wait it out and try to snag a deal on one of the auctions. If there is very limited supply and the demand is there then all the bidders focus on a small number of auctions and drive up the price. The one slight exception is if there are a number of items listed but they are buy it now and not auction style. At times this can help you if the buy it now prices are high because people will keep those prices in their heads when bidding on the same item as an auction.

Most of the savvy buyers know to research sold items and places outside of eBay to get an idea of price so it is a fair point that buy it now doesn't necessarily change people's mindset on what to bid on an auction but I have legitimately had people message me they are really happy they won an item for less than the buy it now prices so I think some folks still look at those as some sort of comparison. Another note in case everyone doesn't know this. If an item sells but is never paid for it still shows up as sold. I know this because I have had winners never pay and my items still show as sold. I mention this only because I know a lot of people look at sold auctions to price items and you just need to be a little careful when doing that.

This is a lot of good food for thought. Thanks to the both of you.

Another note in case everyone doesn't know this. If an item sells but is never paid for it still shows up as sold. I know this because I have had winners never pay and my items still show as sold. I mention this only because I know a lot of people look at sold auctions to price items and you just need to be a little careful when doing that.

I wasn't really aware of this or didn't even think about it. I wonder how many of those unpaid listings attribute to the sold listings data shown here on BrickPicker. Maybe not too much but a few across the board perhaps.