Credit Card / Cashback / Financing

Bricklectic

8 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Target put me back in the penalty box last night.  I bought about $5000 in July before the price hike. Then went quiet for a few months. Then spent about $400 from September through November. Buy three small Minecraft sets and blammo!  We will see how long it lasts this time. 

U were unbanned by target after account was banned?  My target ban still going strong almost 4 year.  Luckily they are worst shipper besides kohls so I don’t feel like I missed out on anything but returns.

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

Luckily they are worst shipper besides kohls so I don’t feel like I missed out on anything but returns.

Totally off topic, but they must ship out from different centers. I rarely ever have issues with Target shipping, and are consistently one of the best. Kohls, yeah, garbage

52 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Totally off topic, but they must ship out from different centers. I rarely ever have issues with Target shipping, and are consistently one of the best. Kohls, yeah, garbage

U don’t get theFU reseller fluorescent UPC stickers slapped on the front of ur boxes?

9 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Target put me back in the penalty box last night.  I bought about $5000 in July before the price hike. Then went quiet for a few months. Then spent about $400 from September through November. Buy three small Minecraft sets and blammo!  We will see how long it lasts this time. 

I assume you mean you just can't use the Red Card online?

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

I agree.  I rarely have a problem with Target shipping.  Walmart for the "most part" is not an issue if I don't order small sets.

41 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I assume you mean you just can't use the Red Card online?

Nope. All cards online. Same as last time. And new accounts created were tagged automatically.  Luckiky my wife could do online pickup orders and her account was never impacted.  We will see if that holds up.  She uses her own phone, account, credit card, etc… so maybe that’s why she wasn’t flagged back then.

The last ban lasted about 6 months to a year I think. I’m not sure because — as I documented in a thread some months ago — it looks like part of the ban mechanism/tracking is stored in cookies.  I had a new device and made a test order after probably 18 months and it went through one day. Then tried on an older computer and it was cancelled. Deleted all Target cookies from the older computers and deleted/reinstalled the app on my phone and all orders were going through again.  Didn’t work this time again but I expect in a year it will. 

My shipping experience has been great — when they put them in a box. Walmart and best buy seem to be sticker happy. Both of those can be cleanly removed with the heat gun except that Walmart also tends to yank them off for you before boxing and ruin what was a perfect box. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, Bricklectic said:

image.png.c3a7e123ebc1033e5434e464eb069c4b.png

irony is, it was triggered by a 2nd order for the 4 in 1 friends set. 

10k imperial cruisers? okay dokey!

1 extra $20 set? banhammer

No word on a + refund. Hopefully my rakuten will not get affected by this

isn't it possible that the imperial light cruisers caused the ban and it is manually reviewed and takes them time to implement it. Also are you banned for your walmart plus account or for any purchases?

8 minutes ago, river41 said:

isn't it possible that the imperial light cruisers caused the ban and it is manually reviewed and takes them time to implement it. Also are you banned for your walmart plus account or for any purchases?

anyhting is possible. it may even be the cashback sites asking for confirmation. im banned from even cereal at this point. 

gonna lay low for a month or so and hope it resets. There aren't much deals now anyways at Walmart

On 12/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, ravenb99 said:

wmt pre w+ usually just lifted on its own after a random time frame.   Target on the other hand likes to hold grudges indefinitely...

Thanks for the data points.

Indeed, today, about 10 days later, my orders are no longer insta - cancelled. No emails or anything. Just waited and tried again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks for the data points.

Indeed, today, about 10 days later, my orders are no longer insta - cancelled. No emails or anything. Just waited and tried again.

yeah wmt is random as ****.  Least Target is the gf that means business.  That shits never coming back.  No point to even try.

I thought I'd test the Target waters again as it's been 12 days after my ban.  "On the twelveth day of Christmas, my Target gave to me..."

Anyways, cleared my cookies (from my ban two years ago, was able to order again after a year without insta-cancelled after deleting all target.com cookies, but not before), logged in, tried a test order.

Oddly, whereas it would let me order and then insta-cancel, this time it rejects the credit card.  Tried entering the red card info, and it said something to the effect of problem processing the credit card.  Tried another card (that I most likely have associated with the banned account), and same message.

Tried paypal.  It's been in "Preparing to Ship" status for 10+ minutes now.  Usually the insta-cancel is just that -- within seconds.

Curious if any other banned accounts (I know the account was banned this time because support chat flatly told me I had violated their terms and conditions and was free to shop in store) are experiencing similar.

Target.com Website Developers:

6b55c781-1c66-4bc4-b56d-0fb81bdfda35_tex

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

yeah wmt is random as ****.  Least Target is the gf that means business.  That shits never coming back.  No point to even try.

welp......

16 Seinfeld orders later.....

I am rebanned :)

Yes, yes, I AM an idiot lol.

Just sharing my data points so others can learn.

It appears that Walmart has upgraded their IT and the days of 200 orders a day are over :( 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I cant find the post but someone posted about Capital One Rewards in another thread and I signed up. Made the initial welcome purchase at Walmart online get $15 back on $15 and today got an email for this offer, figures 2X VIP is over now.  So 30% back in Rewards. When and how do they issue them, quarterly as a check or statement credit?

thumbnail_IMG_0811.png