Credit Card / Cashback / Financing

Bricklectic

Not sure that was the greatest title but figure this site could use a dedicated thread about the cashback websites & cc sign up bonuses that are ever changing.

Specifically wanted to share some new amazing Chase Business Ink Card offers for those that may not be aware.

Business cards are great because the spending does not affect or appear on your personal credit report. The business Ink cards also offer 0% for 12 months which isnt super common for business cards. They also have no annual fee. The current offer is the highest ever at 90,000 points After you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening for either the:

1) Chase Ink Business Cash      or

2) Chase Ink Business Unlimited

90k Ultimate Reward points are worth minimum $900 as a credit statement or more if used as points for travel potentially. 

That's minimum $1,800 plus a free 12 month line of credit. Sure beats Amazon's financing offers of 10% a year or so.

Personally I have 2 Cash cards and one Business unlimited. In theory you can have multiple cards for multiple businesses.

There is also the business ink preferred which is 100k in sign up bonus but comes with 95$ annual fee. If anyone needs a referral....hit me up by PM

Amex Blue business cards are also great but sign up bonuses arent great atm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Walmart+ question...

I canceled Walmart+ and now I'm seeing an alert on the product page that let's me know that the LEGO set I'm interested in will have a special "Member Price" on Nov 21st.

Has anyone ever gotten the member price and if so, what's the average discount?

PS: I haven't seen any HONEY CASHBACK offers on Walmart for the last 3 weeks. Is anyone else experiencing this?

image.png.c9892a631e393a11daceac926707dd2e.png

9 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Walmart+ question...

I canceled Walmart+ and now I'm seeing an alert on the product page that let's me know that the LEGO set I'm interested in will have a special "Member Price" on Nov 21st.

Has anyone ever gotten the member price and if so, what's the average discount?

PS: I haven't seen any HONEY CASHBACK offers on Walmart for the last 3 weeks. Is anyone else experiencing this?

image.png.c9892a631e393a11daceac926707dd2e.png

See the DD thread prices are posted there. 

The 10% Extra Honey ended around 10/22/22 for me which is prior to when I started the Walmart +

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I see Be Frugal has 16.5% back at Walmart but 99% of the cashback talk on this forum is about Rakuten. Is BeFrugal unreliable or is this just a case of people sticking to what they know and are comfortable with?

It's the first CB site I used starting in 2018 or so, never had an issue. Top Cash Back and RebatesMe, Rakuten, and Honey have also been good to me. I often use Cashbackaholic or CashbackMonitor to see who is paying out best. 

Edited by keymomachine
  • Like 1

I see Be Frugal has 16.5% back at Walmart but 99% of the cashback talk on this forum is about Rakuten. Is BeFrugal unreliable or is this just a case of people sticking to what they know and are comfortable with?

no opinion on befrugal but stopped using rakuten after i had to hunt down missing cb earlier this year and they told me:

Please be aware that several merchants on Rakuten have reseller/bulk order policies that give them permission to remove orders that they believe are or deem to be for reselling purposes.

As such, we want to make you aware that the merchant may begin reversing orders from your account. Also, we ask that you stop purchasing in bulk from merchants that have such reseller/bulk order restrictions.  If not, we will have to permanently deactivate your account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've missed deals before looking for the best cash back. If Rakuten is a percent or two off, I'll use Rakuten as a preference.

So.... Befrugal has been a costly lesson for me. They have not tracked about $1.6k worth of cashback for me after about 3 days (Hello Imperial Cruisers :) ). They claim up to 7 days but I'm pessimistic. Stick to Rakuten fellows. Not worth the extra % cashback if they scam you. First 6 orders I made tracked the next day so I figured theyre reliable but now I see its better to stick to the tried and true :( 

It is possible that Walmart reported me as a reseller but they havent done that with rakuten on similair amounts of repeat purchases so looks like befrugal is the issue.

Edited by Bricklectic

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

So.... Befrugal has been a costly lesson for me. They have not tracked about $1.6k worth of cashback for me after about 3 days (Hello Imperial Cruisers :) ). They claim up to 7 days but I'm pessimistic. Stick to Rakuten fellows. Not worth the extra % cashback if they scam you. First 6 orders I made tracked the next day so I figured theyre reliable but now I see its better to stick to the tried and true :( 

It is possible that Walmart reported me as a reseller but they havent done that with rakuten on similair amounts of repeat purchases so looks like befrugal is the issue.

This is why I stick with EB@tes, not many issues historically.

• Like 1

I noticed sometime last year, Walmart flagged my tax exempt account and no longer issues any cashback on that account. I created a new account on nearly all of the cashback sites and none of them gave me cash back.

I created a new Walmart Account without tax exemption for scenarios where the cashback is more than the tax I pay. I haven't gotten around to trying to create another tax exempt account for various reasons.

• Sad 1

Am curious how long it takes to see the cash back from LS@H purchases through Rakuten . . .

I have a new Rakuten account that is about 3 weeks old. With BF/CM in full swing, I made a few purchases and have seen the ones from Target pop up very quickly and the Walmart purchases within a few days.

The Lego purchases from Shop At Home still aren't showing any cash back(starting on Nov 14th. I emailed Rakuten and got an initial response("we'll look into it," etc) and then nothing since. Does it usually take a couple of weeks or more for the rewards?

3 minutes ago, azalon said:

Am curious how long it takes to see the cash back from LS@H purchases through Rakuten . . .

I have a new Rakuten account that is about 3 weeks old. With BF/CM in full swing, I made a few purchases and have seen the ones from Target pop up very quickly and the Walmart purchases within a few days.

The Lego purchases from Shop At Home still aren't showing any cash back(starting on Nov 14th. I emailed Rakuten and got an initial response("we'll look into it," etc) and then nothing since. Does it usually take a couple of weeks or more for the rewards?

Has the Lego order shipped yet? I dont think it tracks before shipping, might be wrong tho

3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Has the Lego order shipped yet? I dont think it tracks before shipping, might be wrong tho

Orders placed 11/14 through 11/20 have been received. Some were placed after the 20th and are still on their way but no orders placed at LEGO Shop at Home have kicked any cash back.

Also, I'm positive that I went through Rakuten properly and noticed the follow-up message after you place an order using them.

Orders placed 11/14 through 11/20 have been received. Some were placed after the 20th and are still on their way but no orders placed at LEGO Shop at Home have kicked any cash back.
Also, I'm positive that I went through Rakuten properly and noticed the follow-up message after you place an order using them.
There is some kind of exception in the Rakuten fine print for Lego that says it excludes exclusive sets. Not sure if that applies to what you ordered or not. I don't think they enforce it that often, but maybe they did this time?

Edit: just looked and right now they are only excluding gift cards and Legoland tickets. Dunno...

4 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

There is some kind of exception in the Rakuten fine print for Lego that says it excludes exclusive sets. Not sure if that applies to what you ordered or not. I don't think they enforce it that often, but maybe they did this time?

Edit: just looked and right now they are only excluding gift cards and Legoland tickets. Dunno...

1st order on the 15th was for 75333 Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Jedi Starfighter (2) and a cpla CMF's.

2nd order was on the 18th for an exclusive 10303 Loop Coaster with ViP discount

3rd order was for 8 CMF's and redeeming a ViP reward, so definitely not any Exclusives.

A few more orders follows, but even if it contains any Exclusives, it should have still given the minimum cash back offer of 2-3%

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

image.png.c3a7e123ebc1033e5434e464eb069c4b.png

irony is, it was triggered by a 2nd order for the 4 in 1 friends set. 

10k imperial cruisers? okay dokey!

1 extra $20 set? banhammer

No word on a + refund. Hopefully my rakuten will not get affected by this

hopefully your walmart.com account is still good. no big loss if it is 

7 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

is that an actual email address: image.png.c3a7e123ebc1033e5434e464eb069c

looks fishy AF

lol. Unfortunetly, it is an official communication. 

Even my cereal orders are now being cancelled due to "Quantity Limit Exceeded". 

Bye Bye Walmart, it's been profitable doing business with you :) 

My main concern is really my cashback status. If I've been flagged as a reseller they may void my pending cashback. Not sure how that works if they claw it back or once it shows as pending I'm good.

I have about $5k pending in Rakuten/Befrugal

I guess I can email the risk department and apologize show remorse and pledge to be a good boy but might be better to avoid them looking at my account altogether at this point. It's not as if I went over once after all - I don't want my account to be used as a training example in the risk departments powerpoints. Has anyone successfully gotten reinstated with WM? I've had success with Target before. 

And yes, I know I deserve it. So don't judge me please.

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I got all my %16.5 cash back from Walmart via BeFrugal 

I must say, they did come through for me in the end. I jumped the gun on judging  them.

image.png.af6970c75b665ed7f274c878a9b32fdf.png

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

lol. Unfortunetly, it is an official communication. 

Even my cereal orders are now being cancelled due to "Quantity Limit Exceeded". 

Bye Bye Walmart, it's been profitable doing business with you :) 

My main concern is really my cashback status. If I've been flagged as a reseller they may void my pending cashback. Not sure how that works if they claw it back or once it shows as pending I'm good.

I have about $5k pending in Rakuten/Befrugal

I guess I can email the risk department and apologize show remorse and pledge to be a good boy but might be better to avoid them looking at my account altogether at this point. It's not as if I went over once after all - I don't want my account to be used as a training example in the risk departments powerpoints. Has anyone successfully gotten reinstated with WM? I've had success with Target before. 

And yes, I know I deserve it. So don't judge me please.

I must say, they did come through for me in the end. I jumped the gun on judging  them.

image.png.af6970c75b665ed7f274c878a9b32fdf.png

WM used to be more of a timeout than a ban, but I have no clue how it works with W+. I believe someone was reinstated recently. check the ban thread 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

wmt pre w+ usually just lifted on its own after a random time frame.   Target on the other hand likes to hold grudges indefinitely...

Target put me back in the penalty box last night.  I bought about $5000 in July before the price hike. Then went quiet for a few months. Then spent about $400 from September through November. Buy three small Minecraft sets and blammo!  We will see how long it lasts this time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Target put me back in the penalty box last night.  I bought about $5000 in July before the price hike. Then went quiet for a few months. Then spent about $400 from September through November. Buy three small Minecraft sets and blammo!  We will see how long it lasts this time. 

3 months for unsportsmanlike buying? To make matters worse, it sounds like you were hit with a late camera review.

• Haha 3