LEGO Star Wars Republic Frigate 7964 -- amazon -- $83.96

metri8

Seems like a good deal, 30% off. As best I can tell it also has 4 exclusive mini-figs and an updated light saber color. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P9739S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004P9739S (edited for additional description and forgot the link)

Seems like a good deal, 30% off. As best I can tell it also has 4 exclusive mini-figs and an updated light saber color.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P9739S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004P9739S

(edited for additional description and forgot the link)

Excellent deal... Love this set. Just bought one. One of those sets that fly under the radar and is worth $300 two years down the road. Thanks for posting it.

• 2 months later...

I think this set has some negatives going for it from an investment potential: - The set has been on sale a lot for this price...Amazon has had it at this price before, and TRU has made it available at a similar price multiple times through B1G1/2 and B2G1 (and with other discounts). Walmart has clearanced it in some stores down to as much as half off. - It's very similar to the Republic Cruiser (7665) which is an ok performer in the aftermarket but not stellar by any means. The 8039 Venator is another more distant comparison...it has struggled to climb - From the prequel trilogy so not really a memorable, iconic piece of Star Wars lore I may regret it, but I think there are other better performers out there so I will probably skip this set unless I can get it at deep discount. I think the Home One set from a couple of years ago was a shot across the bow of the reseller community that just having a lot of pieces and being Star Wars isn't enough (but that set has its own discussion point). I have one for myself though, as I think it is a cool looking ship and the size is nice.

I think this set has some negatives going for it from an investment potential:

- The set has been on sale a lot for this price...Amazon has had it at this price before, and TRU has made it available at a similar price multiple times through B1G1/2 and B2G1 (and with other discounts). Walmart has clearanced it in some stores down to as much as half off.

- It's very similar to the Republic Cruiser (7665) which is an ok performer in the aftermarket but not stellar by any means. The 8039 Venator is another more distant comparison...it has struggled to climb

- From the prequel trilogy so not really a memorable, iconic piece of Star Wars lore

I may regret it, but I think there are other better performers out there so I will probably skip this set unless I can get it at deep discount. I think the Home One set from a couple of years ago was a shot across the bow of the reseller community that just having a lot of pieces and being Star Wars isn't enough (but that set has its own discussion point).

I have one for myself though, as I think it is a cool looking ship and the size is nice.

Valid points. I have a hard time not buying 'every' STAR WARS set. Call me anal. This is a solid value, but I'm sure there are better ways to spend $80. That being said, you should not lose money with this set and it does have many positive attributes that might be attractive to buyers in the future.