41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

So at this point in the night, the set is still available. At this point on May 4, the B-Wing was already sold out IIRC.

Seems to mean one of two things.

Either they sold less than 20k B-Wings on May 4th (seems doubtful?) or their IT structure has degraded since then. The site performance was way worse than May 4 seemingly?

hard to figure out what is going on here.

A few thoughts:

b-wing had a 5 limit max, while 41999 has a two limit max, so b-wing could easily go a lot quicker.

I have to believe there were significantly fewer B-Wings for sale. That was essentially a Lego clearance disguised as a promotion, so I would be shocked if there were more than 10k sitting in a Lego warehouse.

The B-Wing promotion was only in the US, so there were a large number of sets from the B-Wing production run that were allocated to other markets. If I had to guess, I would say 50% of the B-Wing's produced (at whatever quantity) went to the US - the other half of the production run wasn't even available for the eligible $100 discount.

UCS are limited edition runs, too. TLC doesn't divulge the quantities of these, but it wouldn't shock me if the B-Wing production run was 20k.

A lot of this is speculation, but I think it's based on plausible scenarios.

I would guess there are plenty more of these available at S@H.

Now out of stock, will ship in 30 days? I bet there will be a few on here who will have orders not go through..

Quacs, I think you are way way low on B-Wing production. Of course I am guessing in that speculation. That was a good point about the 5 limit though, I forgot since I only ordered two at the time.