Lego Displays and Limelighting - What have you got on display in the house and where do you get to display it?

sadowsk1

When I walk around the house I enjoy taking in the Lego sets that I have on display. It's a pretty minimal amount if a person was to ask me compared to all the crafty stuff my wife gets to put up all over the house, but I take what I can get. I get one space in the dining room on top of a china cabinet that I get to myself. I've chosen the 4504 Millenium Falcon, 7166 Imperial Shuttle, and the Z 95 Headhunter. I just took down the Grand Emporium in favor of representing Star Wars. I also have a built in bookshelf in the den that has a variety of Lego odds and ends. Mostly CMF's and Lego original material boxes for my son to beat up and toss around. On the top of that I have a Star Wars minifigure display and my childhood vintage sets out of reach. So the question is tossed out there, what Lego do you get to display in the main areas of your house? For the TFOL how much of your collection do you put up for display? Do you have room to display it all?

During the Christmas season we put out our Winter Village in the front entry on the buffet. Other than that, it's all in the basement, my wife would never allow Lego sets around the house. The basement is Lego city. Currently displayed/getting played with are: Hogwarts Castle, Kingdoms Castle, Legoredo, Unexpected Journey, Goblin King Battle, Jabba's Palace/Rancor Pit, Brickbeard's Bounty, and Clone Turbo Tank. There are other small ones but that's the main stuff. Oh, and the Modular town sits atop my desk down there, along with a Diagon Alley. Not to mention that giant fort that was built on the Lego table with spare parts.

I do not have room at my condo to display Lego unfortunately, but I do keep a fair amount on display at my parents house about 20 minutes away. I have a Lego city layout that I'm currently working on, displayed in their basement. It includes all the modulars except for the Cafe Corner, Market Street, and new Palace Cinema. I also have the Haunted House and Eiffel Tower displayed in my parents basement. I have a winter layout with the winter village sets that I display every Christmas, but it is packed away in boxes now until Thanksgiving weekend when I'll take it back out and display it again for the holiday season. I am very lucky to have parents that don't mind if I take up room over at their house for my Lego displaying and collecting.

for christmas I also make a winter village with my winter bakery and a motorized model train going around the whole thing hopefully i can get more winter sets to expand it other than that all my lego sets are in the basement on shelves i display the big ones on top of the shelves such as the 10179 milenium falcon, 10188 death star, and the super star destroyer