eBay "New" Listing Tool

Darth_Raichu

What do you think about the new eBay Listing Tool ?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new eBay Listing Tool ?

• I prefer the old HTML style from 2005
    • I prefer the new listing tool
    • Does not matter / either one is fine
    • I do not sell on eBay

Curious what everyone's opinion is on the "New" Listing Tool.  If you still see the old HTML style screen when creating a new listing, there should be an option on the top of the page to check out the new tool.  You can switch back to the old one anytime.  When you switch, you can see the new layout is a little different but still close enough to the old one.  Just FYI, eBay is rolling out this new tool for every seller soon.

I put New in quotes because eBay has made this tool available for (some?) sellers for at least 2 years.  I opted in to use it early last year, but opted out after a few weeks due to slowness and bugs in the tool.  I opted back in recently and the current version of the tool is much better than the one from last year.  It is faster with fewer bugs (so far) and it uses less screen space than the current HTML style new listing page from 2005.  I can still list faster with the old tool but it might be because I have been using that for the last 10+ years.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, BrickLegacy said:

I’m getting used to it, but the number of clicks to perform simple data entry is annoying.

In fact, everything on eBay is annoying, but I eventually get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, agree the too many clicks thing gets annoying after a while.  I am thinking of going back to the old HTML style until they force me to switch :D

Yep, agree the too many clicks thing gets annoying after a while.  I am thinking of going back to the old HTML style until they force me to switch

They are trying to blend/merge the mobile and desktop experience … which almost always means the desktop version suffers.

I’m too lazy to learn their API …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1