Will plastic bags ever damage lego boxes?

Sauromosis

I sure hope not, mine are stored in black trash bags for cheap water/moisture protection. A toysRus bag or other cheap plastic bags from stores don't have any water protection so I wouldn't use them, but the heavy duty trash bags actually do quite well if you don't want to plunk down tons of money for nice ziplock or vacuum bags.

The Lego boxes are created with a process that leaves a surface layer of plastic on the printed surfaces. Similar types of plastic can adher to each other, but I think you are safe with plastic trash bags. I have been experimenting with wrapping some Lego boxes in the polyvinyl food wrap sold at Costco called stretch-tite. I have been worried about it adhering to the printed surface of the Lego boxes, but so far so good (about 9 months on the first boxes). I just want something to protect the boxes from shelf-wear and moisture but still allow me to see them. I like that it stretches tight, clings to itself and is clear (oh, and very cheap!). It comes in a box of 12 inches by 3,000 feet for about $32.