Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

Guest eightbrick

Starting about 6 months ago I started listening to Green Day music. I like some of their songs like 21 Guns or Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Here are some videos below of my favorite Green Day songs. I also have listed some other favorites from bands/singers like Maroon 5, Coldplay, and Bruno Mars.

I like Coldplay as well. Green Day is okay too. If you liked Paradise, check out Charlie Brown.

Anyone here listen to movie soundtracks?

It is Friday.  Time for my random musical picks...

Just Good Friends - Michael Jackson & Stevie Wonder

The most underrated MJ's song (IMHO).  It features two of the biggest music giants, I am not sure why this song was not better known

I used to call this song: A delusional boy and his enabling friend

Michael Jackson was the man. Terrible person but some great music.

Anyone here listen to movie soundtracks?

I have collected quite a few over the years like the one for the original animated Transformers movie.

The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

I know Stan Bush is still active and has a website. I believe Vince DiCola still performs but not sure. Here's his site. Almost forgot, Spectre General was just the pseudonym they gave to the band, Kick Axe. I think they were afraid kids would have accidently said the other 'A' word if you know what I mean. :wink:

Found the complete musical score for this movie and figured to add it here.

Lighting Their Darkest Hour (Composed by Vince DiCola)

I also found this trippy musical score demo soundtrack containing some early versions of certain tracks which were unused or later finetuned for the final film. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

The Protoform Sessions

Guest eightbrick

Nice picks TOK. Sorta surprised Weird Al ended up on the Transformers Soundtrack (then again I haven't seen the movie)... LOL follow the link to the weird al song and look at the top comment on that one xD.

You probably said it here somewhere, but I can't find it... do you collect CDs or just digital copies of the songs on iTunes and stuff? Personally I prefer CDs, buying music on iTunes just doesn't feel... the same.

Here are a couple of my soundtrack favs:

Inception: Mombasa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVzNc4ZuCZo

The Place Beyond the Pines: Snow Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3kKbvXCFfI

Blood Diamond: London + Solomon Vandy (two songs in one but the transistion is so smooth you wouldn't know it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlQ_z7j3cU

Cheers!

Guest eightbrick

Sorry for the double post (can't edit)... is it me or is the blood diamond video messed up? It's all cackles when I play it but if I follow the link it is fine...Oh well.

Nice picks TOK. Sorta surprised Weird Al ended up on the Transformers Soundtrack (then again I haven't seen the movie)...

Thanks, Brianl3. I remember watching the movie when I was a kid, found the soundtrack years later, saw "Weird Al" on there and thought "Where the heck did that tune play in the movie?". I really couldn't recall for the life of me but then I bought the Anniversary Edition of the film, watched it, and then came across the scene where the Transformers were on Planet Junk and a skirmish broke out with that tune playing in the background. Rather amusing.

LOL follow the link to the weird al song and look at the top comment on that one xD.

Yeah, I read that humorous comment.

''Weird Al'' Yankovic - Dare to be stupid!

Michael Bay - Challenge accepted!!!

:rofl:

You probably said it here somewhere, but I can't find it... do you collect CDs or just digital copies of the songs on iTunes and stuff? Personally I prefer CDs, buying music on iTunes just doesn't feel... the same.

Come to think of it, I don't believe I have said my personal preference. CD's all the way. I like being able to take them anywhere I go, plus I don't have Terabytes of unlimited data for all that music and movies among other things. I do have a library of downloaded tracks but those are videogame soundtracks and remixes mainly.

Sorry for the double post (can't edit)... is it me or is the blood diamond video messed up? It's all cackles when I play it but if I follow the link it is fine...Oh well.

I clicked the play button here and it works fine. I have had a handful of videos give me problems with being embedded and whatnot.

Here is another retrotrack for the hardcore gamers. An RPG only released in Japan until it came over stateside on the Gameboy Advance starting Namco's great "Tales" saga. I previously posted one of these tracks with its official remix but never got around to listing the entire soundtrack so here you go finally.

(I

Guest eightbrick

:yahoo: My 5,000th post! :yahoo:

I think a huge congrats is in order so....

Congrats Orcking! :sorcerer:

You are the man! 5000 awesome posts full of funny videos, musical picks, and investment advice. You rock!

This game is one in probably the greatest 2d pinball series ever. However, all I can find uploaded is the music which plays for the main table. It is rather rockin' though and the select covers I've found are just as good too.

Devil's Crush/Dragon's Fury (1990 - TurboGrafx 16, 1992 - Sega Genesis)

Main Table (TurboGrafx 16)

Main Table (Sega Genesis)

And some sweet covers! post-2081-0-57257100-1375748099.gif

Torzelan - Main Table

Toshiaki Sakoda - Opening & Main Table A cover by the original composer!

Toshinori Hiramatsu - Sword Of Justice (Main Table)

Chiptuned Raijin - Main Table 8-bit (VRC6)

Devil Disco Crash (Main Table)

Guest eightbrick

These are so awesome, they should be posted on both this and the joke thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

I have that exact map at 3:00 next to my computer. Weird... Nice video by the way :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...