77942 - Fiat 500 (Baby Blue)

Bold-Arrow

7 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Five beauties from Zavvi. I've actually had really good luck with them. I got five ocean explorer ships yesterday in the same shape. 65ad79d0bd4fc3998aa65417dc676a27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Zavvi are a joke. They can deliver mint items to someone in the us but deliver absolute crap to the UK. Also this set is a real dud in the UK, why I did buy some :(. Time to return. 

Edited by nolan808

18 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

a dud? its not even sold out yet lol

It might not be sold out but there just seems to be not much interest in the UK at all. Zavvi sold out mainly due to the international shipping and that took a while but now pre order is back up only to the uk and who knows how many they will ship.

Auction prices on eBay have gone under 60 to the UK already. Imo that isn't a good sign. The interest will be the key but I just don't think there's enough people in the UK who want a blue version of the fiat. 

Limited edition pulled me in and I should of known better. Zavvi slaps limited all over the item initially and have now suddenly took it off lol.

It was worth a punt as if let's say zavvi cancelled all international shipping this would of been a clear winner for us in the UK. But as things stand now the only people to win investing wise with this will be people outside the UK selling to there own country, anyone in the UK will have a hard time.  

Edited by nolan808

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 77942 - Fiat 500 (Baby Blue)
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, weemsc54 said:

Well, that just makes entirely too much sense.

I'm going through a convoluted process to return the incorrect set...with postage currently sitting at over 6x the RRP of the error. 

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, but you'll probably have limited success of convincing them as such.

30 minutes ago, weemsc54 said:

I'm going through a convoluted process to return the incorrect set...with postage currently sitting at over 6x the RRP of the error. 

That sucks. Would they offer to let you buy/keep the wrong set at a discount and refund the difference? Probably would be better than any amount of international return shipping.

27 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

That sucks. Would they offer to let you buy/keep the wrong set at a discount and refund the difference? Probably would be better than any amount of international return shipping.

Ha...I've made a variety of suggestions and the canned responses have been to mail back the set and await a refund. However their process for doing so continues to evolve. 

I'd keep the Bonsai Tree for free, which makes the most sense to me considering the cost of postage (first to the UK, now Poland) on a $50 set. I'm not too keen on paying for their mistake, even at a discounted rate, for a set I don't need or want. 

6bcd4cac-670e-4bb7-890f-4fa61a5724d3_tex

Edited by weemsc54

2 hours ago, weemsc54 said:

Good luck. My Fiat arrived smashed due to the fold-over packaging they used. I sent them an e-mail with a .pdf attachment of around eight photos of damage to the packaging and Lego box. I explained that the box has value, especially for a limited edition set, and gave them an option: Send me a new one in an actual box or refund me 20% of the purchase price (what I think is a fair reduction in value given the extend of box damage). They issued the partial refund the next day. 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Still waiting for a refund for damaged fiat boxes. Zavvi are giving me the run around. Tracking shows delivered back to them but they can't find them in there warehouse. Won't be ordering from this company again. 

my 67th message to them did the trick. dont give up its a game of endurance

• Like 1

I spent 3 weeks trying to obtain the Ironman Hall of Armour that was on offer in September. Supposedly in stock. Placed order, and it didnt ship for 2 weeks. Spoke to CC on Twitter etc, they were as helpful as a bag of hedgehogs. Eventually they admitted it was a pre-order and they didnt have the stock. After a good initial service from them, I wont be using again.