77942 - Fiat 500 (Baby Blue)

Bold-Arrow

26 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

It is a UK regional exclusive for now?

“This is a very limited run pilot, and the sets will only be available until 30 November 2021!”

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/fiat-500-77942

Can you share the source of that quote? Not seeing it on the zavvi page

I dont think lego is allowed to do regionals any more, per their pledge 

Edited by Bricklectic

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Can you share the source of that quote? Not seeing it on the zavvi page

I dont think lego is allowed to do regionals any more, per their pledge 

Oh yeah, remember that “pledge” to not piss off fans.

I saw it here:

https://jaysbrickblog.com

58 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

So what you are really saying is :

49A2A03C-E0BA-404F-B393-915B8C32DE01.gif

Yeah only 10K production run?

How many of these per a case 3?

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

How many of you are stocking up then? Due to zavvi still not out of stock of these, I'm starting to think that theres maybe a lot more being produced than we think. Limited could be any number I guess. 

I'm having trouble figuring out if it is a lot of stock, if there's just not that much interest or if the masses just aren't aware of it yet.  

12 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

I'm having trouble figuring out if it is a lot of stock, if there's just not that much interest or if the masses just aren't aware of it yet.  

I am surprised zavvi aren't sold out by now. There's no limit on them and also the majority of countries can buy. Added to all this is listed as a rare and limited exclusive set on there main page so just general collectors are also buying them. 

They must have an absolute tonne of them somewhere. Also this is just the first run and there could easily be a few more before the end of November. 

Added to all that, if this sells really well they'll more than likely just extend it or just keep it on the shelves. 

Below is an article from a New Elementary on the Fiat. Apparently we can only order one. I can add three to my cart today, and was able to order four the other day.

Bold added by me for emphasis:

Now let’s get to the questions New Elementary asked. 

Even though this is a marketing test, we all know that most AFOLs will probably see these as regional exclusives (something that TLG agreed to cease doing a few years ago after AFOL backlash about issues such as scalpers). We asked if they’re aware of the certain backlash from the rest of the world, and if the results of this test will be reliable – given many people buy the sets only to resell them abroad.

They answered that they hope to reduce the problem by putting a limit on how many sets can be bought (one for the FIAT, three for the other sets). And they know about the backlash, that’s why they’re having these conversations. But they really need to make pilots like these to understand whether ideas work or not. They’re very sorry, but they hope that we all will benefit from their learnings, in the end.

We also asked if they’d considered putting the new recoloured parts on Bricks & Pieces and Pick-a-Brick walls, to make it easier to replicate the sets for people who won’t get it, but no; the parts won’t be there. But they will probably reappear in other sets in the future, as generally happens with most parts.

Given how unpredictable and uncertain parts availability on Bricks & Pieces is, we really hope these rare elements might appear there after all! 

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 77942 - Fiat 500 (Baby Blue)