New Lego Stores in the U.S. for 2013

The Mall of America Lego store was the first Lego store in the U.S when it opened in 1992. It is pretty big. (Third largest Lego store in the country.) I go there about once a month to look for any deals. (I live about an hour away.) Anybody who lives in MN has paid the extra tax since online ordering became popular.

Ok, what the heck? I live in Albuquerque NM and the closest stores to me are: Denver CO and Dallas TX. Thats a short 10 to 12 hour drive not including potty breaks. Come on LEGO, New Mexico is a state and we do speak English. Don't be like Bugs Bunny and forget to take a left turn here.

The Mall of America Lego store was the first Lego store in the U.S when it opened in 1992. It is pretty big. (Third largest Lego store in the country.) I go there about once a month to look for any deals. (I live about an hour away.) Anybody who lives in MN has paid the extra tax since online ordering became popular.

Where is the biggest Lego store in America? I'm just curious.

I like having a Lego store because it allows me to pick out the actual box I'm buying. I am a bit picky and always prefer having clean, pristine Lego boxes. When ordering from Amazon or Lego, or anywhere else for that matter, there is always risk of the box getting damaged. Rather than dealing with the hassle of returning a set, I many times prefer just to go to the store. Don't get me wrong though, if I see a good deal online I will chance having it shipped to my doorstep.

It isn't enough of a bright side! It is better to be able to order tax-free from Lego online in order to get those rare sets you never see in any store. Combined with free shipping and the annual 10% off with free gift the deals weren't too bad. That is how I purchased The Zombies last year.

I used to live in southern California and the stores rarely had good deals, the best deals were actually at Legoland which isn't owned by TLG.

So, what I'm looking for now is the last state to get a Lego store but it still has Shopko stores! Maybe Montana or North Dakota?

A bit easier than moving there would be to make a friend there and have things shipped to them. Then you just have to visit them every once in a while to pick up your purchases. I know its absurd but I've done it.