75309 - UCS: Republic Gunship

Pseudoty

So, do folks think that the error with the logo on the box will make it worth more down the line or not really matter?  I ordered one for personal collection online, no issues but considering maybe getting a second one for the box error... however $350 is steep for someone like me that doesn't dabble in reselling...  thoughts?

56 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

So, do folks think that the error with the logo on the box will make it worth more down the line or not really matter?  I ordered one for personal collection online, no issues but considering maybe getting a second one for the box error... however $350 is steep for someone like me that doesn't dabble in reselling...  thoughts?

I have never noticed a box error impacting the price at resale as long as I’ve been here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Local store received 16 of these.  By this afternoon they were down to only 2.  I'm betting this will eventually sell out online.  Maybe when the GWP sail boat opens up to more than just VIP.

This is always so interesting to me that some would not be VIP. I'm quite surprised this set is not even on backorder yet. My stores are out of stock FWIW. Got one for personal build but I feel bad for QFLL. Glad I didn't order two.

• Like 1

I passed on it when ordering the Imperial Cruiser, Marauder, etc... last night.  Maybe next May the 4th. I passed for the same reasons as others; its as big as the Falcon set so finding a place my wife will let it be viewed is slim to none unless in the basement, the cargo space seems out of scale with the rest and only two figures to place on a plaque stand is lame (I passed on the last Star Destroyer for the same reason).

Finally, there are at least four variations out there and none really capture it correctly.

I’m building it right now, and my concerns sadly haven’t been changed. My biggest issue is how bad the doors look. The angle on the back of the ship, isn’t the same as the angle of the doors. And there is a weird angle on top of the doors, instead of the doors going flush with the hull of the ship. Looking at it, it could be an easy fix. Also the bottom of the ship is extremely wide in the back. And that again makes the doors stand out even more. And when you open the doors, they open like the OG 2003 gunship, completely straight. Whereas the 2008 and 2013 gunship open the doors at a slight angle. Which is correct. The ice doesn’t.

and the guns on top. Geez. Horrible looking. Why didn’t they use cones pieces instead? All in all a great build, and it’s massive. But those flaws….

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm not a fan of the PT trilogy, so have no desire to buy this ship.  However, they were constructing it at my LEGO Store yesterday.  Wow.  I'm impressed!  I won't be buying it, but it was pretty impressive to see in person.

Same here. I'm more of an OT trilogy ships collector. While I haven't seen it at the Lego Store yet, I have a feeling that I'd think the same. 

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...