75309 - UCS: Republic Gunship

Pseudoty

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

"The Jenny" 

I have been looking forward to this for almost 2 years now...For some reason I am underwhelmed.

It looks like the prior version, but bigger...and if that's all it took...yeh LEGO

For me, I think I was expecting some refinement. Also I would have liked a choice of stickers for the various squads.  I guess I'm a bit spoiled and my expectations are unreasonable.

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I have been looking forward to this for almost 2 years now...For some reason I am underwhelmed.

It looks like the prior version, but bigger...and if that's all it took...yeh LEGO

For me, I think I was expecting some refinement. Also I would have liked a choice of stickers for the various squads.  I guess I'm a bit spoiled and my expectations are unreasonable.

The troops can fit inside, that's an improvement.

I have the same feeling, it’s underwhelmed. The cargo looks hollow, too empty though I understand it supposed to fit troopers.

I have 75021 still NISB, that’s the set that brought me out from my dark age. I’ve resisted selling the set with some very decent offers, about 7x buy in. I also bought and resold two sets. To this day, my favorite Star Wars set.

So I’m a little underwhelmed seeing the UCS. I’m still going to buy it, but not enough to push me as first day buy. I’ll buy first day to resell as this likely will be sold out.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/republic-gunship-75309

Spark memories of the epic Battle of Geonosis in Star Wars: The Clone Wars with this Ultimate Collector Series build-and-display model of a Republic Gunship (75309). Authentic features of a Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) vehicle are beautifully reproduced in LEGO bricks, including the pilot cockpits, swing-out spherical gun turrets, 2 cannons on top, super-long wings, opening sides and rear hatch and interior details.

First choice for LEGO fans

Voted for by LEGO fans to become an Ultimate Collector Series set, this awesome buildable model has a display stand with an information plaque, plus Clone Trooper Commander and Mace Windu LEGO minifigures. Step-by-step instructions are included so you can immerse yourself in the building challenge and enjoy the fun, creative process.

Impressive gift

Part of a collection of LEGO Star Wars building kits for adults, this premium-quality set makes a special gift for yourself, Star Wars enthusiasts or passionate LEGO fans in your life.

Enjoy quality time creating the first-ever Ultimate Collector Series version of a Republic Gunship (75309), just like those seen during the Battle of Geonosis in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

This build-and-display model is packed with authentic features including 2 pilot cockpits, swing-out spherical gun turrets, 2 cannons, super-long wings and opening sides and rear hatch.

The display stand has an information plaque and spaces for 2 included LEGO Star Wars minifigures: Clone Trooper Commander with a blaster and Mace Windu with a lightsaber.

The Star Wars Republic Gunship was voted for by LEGO fans as their top choice to become the next Ultimate Collector Series (UCS) set in an online poll. So, by popular demand, here it is!

This premium-quality set offers an immersive, rewarding building challenge and makes the best birthday or holiday gift for yourself, a devoted Star Wars fan or passionate LEGO enthusiast.

Measuring over 13 in. (33 cm) high, 27 in. (68 cm) long and 29 in. (74 cm) wide, including the stand, this is a LEGO Star Wars collectible you’ll want to photograph and share with others.

This 3,292-piece building kit comes with illustrated, step-by-step instructions so even a Star Wars fan who is a newcomer to LEGO sets can take on the complex build with confidence.

This LEGO Star Wars set for adults is part of a collection of building kits designed for you, the discerning hobbyist, who enjoys hands-on, creative DIY projects to unwind in your spare time.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75309 - UCS: Republic Gunship
2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I think this set will ultimately be a slow seller. $350 MSRP and only 2 minifigs. Despite being a UCS set, add $25 to the price and enough minifigs for it to be a true drop ship (regardless if it’s MF’s scale or not).

I'm not a fan of the prequel trilogy, but it is a nice looking set.  I'm with you in general on the price.  If this was a $250 set with the same minifigs, not a bad proposition.  Add a few extra on the price and a bunch of extra minifigs to fill it out more, still not a bad proposition.  But at $350 with what is essentially a significantly bigger and not much more detailed version of the minifig scale version from years ago....well, now I'm not so sure it's really worth it.  I just think Lego went way bigger than needed for a UCS style gunship.

• Like 1

I think this set will ultimately be a slow seller. $350 MSRP and only 2 minifigs. Despite being a UCS set, add $25 to the price and enough minifigs for it to be a true drop ship (regardless if it’s MF’s scale or not).

It’s CAD480 for us Canadian. I get it a 3000+ pieces set but the price is too high.
Slow seller, massive discount later to clear out, then boom we are seeing B-Wing history repeat. One can only hope but unlikely.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

It’s CAD480 for us Canadian. I get it a 3000+ pieces set but the price is too high.
Slow seller, massive discount later to clear out, then boom we are seeing B-Wing history repeat. One can only hope but unlikely.

Larger and / or unusual elements cost more to product.  Then factor in the SW licensing fee.

yep, reminds me of the B-Wing 

Over 3000+ pieces, so I understand the price...especially with the Star Wars tax. IMO, I would've preferred no minifigures to be included as it's hard to make certain ships in the UCS-style to be in scale for the figures. I'm on the fence about picking this up. I'm not a huge Clone Wars fan, but I do like UCS ships.