79004 - Barrel Escape

Saving up $2000USD to buy a bunch of Chi Temples. Those are by far the hottest flips. Cragger's command ship is second in line. The Tower Bridge and Tower of Orthanc are also hot.

I don't know about Chima here in the US, but I sold everything Chima at more than double what I paid for here in Ecuador :D

On top of how many other auctions that ended. One person bought less than 4? Where is that bubble thread ...

LOLz didn't even noticed until you mentioned it.  Brickpicker effect?  No one knows about this set unless they are into Lego or Hobbits.  It doesn't come to my mind of 1 TRU exclusive that performed well.  For 20 bucks a piece, I can't help it, even though I have virtually no hope for this theme.

my guess is EOL .. why would you dump hundreds/thousands and than put it back to marked up msrp tru price? Makes no sense

To clear shelf space in their warehouse. If their inventory plan showed a drop for this set in FY2104, and they hadn't sold the number they expected in FY 2013, they need to move product fast. The best way to do this is lower prices to move stock. This sale doesn't mean this set will be EOL, it just means it hasn't sold as expected and TRU wants to get rid of some.

That said, it may EOL, and now's a great time to stock up on this set.

I dont care if this set sold poorly or not, at $25 for a TRU exclusive item im not going to pass it up. I wish i could have bought orc forges at $25 a piece.

Also i would assume it is retiring soon given over half of the sets in the first series of the hobbit sets are retired and the rest are on back order combined with the newest sets being released, i cant imagine it will be around to much longer.

I dont care if this set sold poorly or not, at $25 for a TRU exclusive item im not going to pass it up. I wish i could have bought orc forges at $25 a piece.

Also i would assume it is retiring soon given over half of the sets in the first series of the hobbit sets are retired and the rest are on back order combined with the newest sets being released, i cant imagine it will be around to much longer.

I think the only one sticking around will be "An Unexpected Gathering", at least that is what I expect.

LEGO Shop at Home is showing that this set is backordered with a ship date in early January.  That typically means that it's not going EOL this year.