Star Wars only or have more legos

Do some of u think that the market of Star Wars is getting smaller or is it still thriving and will for many more years. I want to collect Star Wars mini figures but is the market for them one i can make money on or just collect?

Do some of u think that the market of Star Wars is getting smaller or is it still thriving and will for many more years. I want to collect Star Wars mini figures but is the market for them one i can make money on or just collect?

Zjittt,

There is always a market for Lego SW as long as there is a market for Legos. The question is whether it is a profitable market. For me, I have faith that since the 7th, 8th, and 9th movies are coming out in about 2 years, that we will see much more significant growth in 2-6 years than we do right now. This is mainly because a new SW movie hasn't come out in a couple years (Not including the 3D Phantom Menace). I would say that about 3 years ago, was the golden age of SW Legos, and that it will return in a couple years.

All you need to do is be patient and have confidence in the Legos you love. You may have to hold a little while longer to get a more substantial profit, but besides that, I think SW will make a rebound.

According to the Lego annual report Lego Star Wars is the #2 selling production line for Lego. That seems pretty popular to me yet. Much like Comicblast I believe the movies will create a resurgence in Lego Star Wars. It's hard to say though whether or not the prices will go up or down based on whether similar vehicles are seen in the new movies and if they will get a makeover. Nothing is safe anymore considering another UCS X wing was released. I have concerns about another UCS Falcon being released.

According to the Lego annual report Lego Star Wars is the #2 selling production line for Lego. That seems pretty popular to me yet. Much like Comicblast I believe the movies will create a resurgence in Lego Star Wars. It's hard to say though whether or not the prices will go up or down based on whether similar vehicles are seen in the new movies and if they will get a makeover. Nothing is safe anymore considering another UCS X wing was released. I have concerns about another UCS Falcon being released.

Do you own a 10179?

Thought so........please do not take this as being rude but this just further validates my point that people that have the old set seem to be the ones against a new version being released, rightfully so I guess.......who wants to see the value of their set go down.

Lol, I don't take it as being rude. No worries friend. I imagine it's two sides of the same coin. The people who don't have it want one (of course) and the people who do have it don't want to see the price drop. I think it makes total sense, who would want to see the value of their set go down, it's all very logical. I hope that Lego does top the current one, I was surprised for the price that the interior was never done up but I'm sure they have their reasons. I still have years before I need to concern myself with possibly selling it.

Well i personally hate remakes or little changes of old sets and re-released, and hey The only old thing I own is from 1992 with those Black and Dragon Knights. Why do i dislike it? because it skews the search on Bricklink, it makes a mess, and it forces you to think twice about purchases because nothing seems safe anymore with Star Wars. I would prefer if LEGO introduces new sets all the time and NO remakes (save for 1 or 2 REALLY iconic things, and no Sail Barge is not iconic, neither is Sith Infiltrator and so on.)

I like how Lego rereleases stuff on the whole. There are aspects of it I don't like obviously, like killing the aftermarket value of sets. There has been a lot of sets though that have been made more accessible and affordable for me to by because of it though. At the end of the day I'm a collector before I'm a reseller so I would rather have a set and have it valued at MSRP than to not have a set because it will always be out of my price range.

Well i personally hate remakes or little changes of old sets and re-released, and hey The only old thing I own is from 1992 with those Black and Dragon Knights.

Why do i dislike it? because it skews the search on Bricklink, it makes a mess, and it forces you to think twice about purchases because nothing seems safe anymore with Star Wars.

I would prefer if LEGO introduces new sets all the time and NO remakes (save for 1 or 2 REALLY iconic things, and no Sail Barge is not iconic, neither is Sith Infiltrator and so on.)

Exactly. Each remake they do, takes the place of a totally new set they could have produced.