Retired updates

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still trying to get my mind around this and wondering if maybe something isn't right on LEGO Shop at Home or perhaps it will be re-released next Christmas. The post office is selling cheap right now and the bakery is fetching a good return.

Yeah I'm wondering the same. If things stand correct I'm not sure why Lego would do this unless of course the Post Office wasn't selling well. I would think it would sell well though, it's a cool Christmas set that comes with a lot of detailed minifigs, a building, pavilion, and vehicle. I'm still very puzzled by all of this but I guess we will find out this Oct/Nov when we see what Lego gives us as far as the holiday sets.

Every lego store I went to had a pile or two of them at 20% off, so I grabbed one for myself at $55, if I had known that would be it, I would have bought them all. I have seen them going for $80 or so, maybe its up to $95 now, I haven't checked in a couple weeks. This was nothing unusual though, last year, they had the bakery and toy store at 20% off as well in pretty massive numbers.

Stupid question: how do you know if a set is EOL? Going to S@H and trying to buy it?

you can't put an exact date on it but when it slowly starts dissapearing from sites would be a good indication. Some sets seem to linger for quite some time after EOL......the imperial shuttle for one and the maersk train for another. People are still finding these sets at very close to MSRP. Now this being the internet you have to take everything with a grain of salt, you have been around for a while so I'm sure you know that.

you can't put an exact date on it but when it slowly starts dissapearing from sites would be a good indication. Some sets seem to linger for quite some time after EOL......the imperial shuttle for one and the maersk train for another. People are still finding these sets at very close to MSRP. Now this being the internet you have to take everything with a grain of salt, you have been around for a while so I'm sure you know that.

example: if i search in lego shop the 10212 IS, the answer is "Sorry, we did not find results for 10212"

this means that is EOL?

I explain better: i don't want to know when a set WILL be EOL but if a set IS EOL

thanks...and sorry beacuse I don't speak/write english weel

I did not have much luck searching for retired. However, when I did search on the left side of the screen, very bottom (product details), you can check the box and they will show you 27 retired, or soon to be retired, sets.

example: if i search in lego shop the 10212 IS, the answer is "Sorry, we did not find results for 10212"

this means that is EOL?

I explain better: i don't want to know when a set WILL be EOL but if a set IS EOL

If you get a product not found, it is retired. Did you want to know about a specific set or just in general?

this means that is EOL?

If you get a product not found, it is retired. Did you want to know about a specific set or just in general?

Thanks

No, just in general