Retired updates

Hey guys/gals, I am trying to find out when a set is put on the retired list. Iam not looking for a general 1-2 year speculation, but rather an update on when they go EOL. I thought I came across something on brickset before but ccan't seem to find it again. It had almost a day by day retired list. Anyone know of something like this or am I crazy? Surely there is a better tool than checking LEGO Shop at Home manually for each set. Thanks ahead of time. Regards, Cody

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people talk about the EOL date of sets is that synonymous with end of production date? That beyond a certain date no more will be produced and the 'line' is effectively shut down? Is that also true then of the sets that are 'retiring soon' through Lego.com?

When people talk about the EOL date of sets is that synonymous with end of production date? That beyond a certain date no more will be produced and the 'line' is effectively shut down? Is that also true then of the sets that are 'retiring soon' through Lego.com?

EOL = End of Line, which is basically the end of production. The "Retiring Soon" Label isn't that reliable, because once I saw a set labelled "New" and "Retiring Soon".

We have all speculated as to what the retiring soon moniker actually means as used on the Lego site. My personal opinion and is that is some type of marketing ploy. Not all sets sold on S@H get this label before retiring for some reason. Its a very new label they started using so we will have to see how it is used going forward.

If you are looking for a short list of recently retired sets if you search for " retired product" on the LEGO Shop at Home site, you get a list of most of the out of production sets. Keep in mind "retired" does not mean sold out everywhere. But lego is done making it. Unless they aren't done, because lego is a fickle beast.

If you are looking for a short list of recently retired sets if you search for " retired product" on the LEGO Shop at Home site, you get a list of most of the out of production sets. Keep in mind "retired" does not mean sold out everywhere. But lego is done making it. Unless they aren't done, because lego is a fickle beast.

This works for many sets, but TLG doesn't give all sets the "Retiring Soon" label. Sometimes, products are discontinued without warning, and sometimes, a product that is "Retiring Soon" can be like this for a couple weeks before it actually is retired.

This works for many sets, but TLG doesn't give all sets the "Retiring Soon" label. Sometimes, products are discontinued without warning, and sometimes, a product that is "Retiring Soon" can be like this for a couple weeks before it actually is retired.

I am referring to the "retired product" tag. Retired soon doesn't mean much. If you look in the description on a retired set like the 8070 there is a retired product tag that is on out of production sets. You can google search for retired product or search on The lego website. Nice to know something is retired when you see it in store.

I am referring to the "retired product" tag. Retired soon doesn't mean much. If you look in the description on a retired set like the 8070 there is a retired product tag that is on out of production sets. You can google search for retired product or search on The lego website. Nice to know something is retired when you see it in store.

I agree. I find myself of often checking a bunch of sets when I am at stores to see if they have been retired recently. I am not really that up to date regarding some lines like City or Ninjago so I always double check just in case.

EOL = End of Line, which is basically the end of production. The "Retiring Soon" Label isn't that reliable, because once I saw a set labelled "New" and "Retiring Soon".

Would you say then that retiring soon means they are no longer producing that item either? Or would you say that despite the label of 'retiring soon' Lego would continue to manufacture more? If they did the latter that seems like bad business in general to mislead the public to say a product is retiring soon but producing more despite the label.

Retiring soon = Dang we have a butt load of this product left and need to move it, please buy me now so we can use the warehouse space for something else.

When LEGO started using the tag last year, that basically was what I said and thought; however, their current use of it makes me think a little differently. It's still true but perhaps not as much as before.

The best way to check this is to make some LEGO employee fall in love with you :P

That would be nice. A match built in brick heaven. ;-)

I think you would be better off falling in love with someone here........I think our predictions are waaaaaaaay more accurate than any Lego Store employee.

"Methinks he protestith to much"

He secretly wants to be a Lego Store employee...

... you get a shirt and everything!

I was thinking more along the lines of this,this or this!!!!!

*EDIT I think the last one is some skeezer that made a keychain out of a white Boba Fett.

If those sets are for employees only, why do they have 7+ years on them? Do they have employees under 7? :)

I recently sold one of those white minfigs, but I had it listed as a Mandalorian guard. Which I got from a Dutch site listing all Star Wars minfigs. Did I get it wrong?