WANDAVISION Discussion - **Spoilers**

CosmicSpeed

I like the little details on "Cataract".  Pay attention to the eyes (you know when )
It is a damn good show.  That was a nice send off, very sweet and cheesy just like most of the best sitcoms' series finale.  (in keeping with the theme of the series)
Seriously, I need to talk to the authors and geek out or something

Remember the end credits every week zoomed into Vision’s eye.

16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Remember the end credits every week zoomed into Vision’s eye.

Wife and I was wandaing about Cream Vision...she thought he would simply seek Wanda out (i.e., "I'm Back!"); but I told her after having his memories returned he probably need some time alone to sort things out. Cream Vision did not get WandaVision's memories...only his original ones back...so his last thought was Thanos is pulling my brain out of my head...

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Wife and I was wandaing about Cream Vision...she thought he would simply seek Wanda out (i.e., "I'm Back!"); but I told her after having his memories returned he probably need some time alone to sort things out. Cream Vision did not get WandaVision's memories...only his original ones back...so his last thought was Thanos is pulling my brain out of my head...

Not to mention the new Vision's "orders" were to destroy Vision.  Except, as he said before he took off, "I am Vision."  So now his orders are to destroy... himself?  I can see that needing some time to process, even for a super computer.

Also, the last words between Wanda's Vision and Wanda deeply imply he'll be back in some form.  Vision: "We have said goodbye before.  So it stands to reason..." Wanda: "We'll say hello again one day".

Last note - when Wanda's Vision touched new Vision's forehead, the chip turned yellow and then back to blue.  I'm betting Wanda will turn it yellow and then we'll see the Old Vision reborn.  Only question I have is when...  Dr Strange movie?  Place your bets now...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Not to mention the new Vision's "orders" were to destroy Vision.  Except, as he said before he took off, "I am Vision."  So now his orders are to destroy... himself?  I can see that needing some time to process, even for a super computer.

Also, the last words between Wanda's Vision and Wanda deeply imply he'll be back in some form.  Vision: "We have said goodbye before.  So it stands to reason..." Wanda: "We'll say hello again one day".

Last note - when Wanda's Vision touched new Vision's forehead, the chip turned yellow and then back to blue.  I'm betting Wanda will turn it yellow and then we'll see the Old Vision reborn.  Only question I have is when...  Dr Strange movie?  Place your bets now...

kinda reminds me of that Tom Cruise Sci-fi movie of him being cloned by evil aliens that took over the planet

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Oh great another self-loathing superbeing.  It would be easier if he can just drink himself to oblivion like the rest of humanity :P

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Wanda's Vision is part of mind stone that is in Wanda.  She can most likely extract it and put it in New Vision's head to bring the old Vision back. 

But, what if the New Vision meets a new lover while sorting things out, say a lonely Sentinel or MODOK or Fin Fang Foom ? (He is done with female humans :P )  Is it fair for his new lover to bring the old Vision back?  Is it fair for New Vision? 

I do not think this would be too complicated of a storyline for MCU.  Soap operas have been doing the mind transfer/ resurrection storylines for decades :D

I just want to see cosmic fights between Scarlet Witch vs Fin Fang Foom for Vision's love :P 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

kinda reminds me of that Tom Cruise Sci-fi movie of him being cloned by evil aliens that took over the planet

Oblivion - yeah, kind of.  Except Vision used logic to defeat... Vision instead of killing one of hundreds? / thousands? of clones.  But yeah, I can see the connection.

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Great show. Can't wait for Loki.

Same.  So bummed we have to wait until May for Loki. 

Falcon and Winter Soldier comes out March 19th.  I realize their show is more of a journey the two of them are on and it'll be more comedic but immediately following Wandavision, they have a tough act to follow.

‘My programming directive is to destroy the Vision.’

‘But I’m not the true vision, only a conditional Vision.’

’I request elaboration’

My goodness, these VisionX2 scenes had me over the edge.  

I could sit around and watch Paul Bettany talk to himself about the thought experiment The Ship of Theseus and the field of identity metaphysics all day long. 

The battle scene between Agnes and Wanda was also nicely done. A+ on Wanda’s wardrobe/costume. Very bad ass for a witch!

Was this a one off series just to lead up to DR.S2 or will there be others?  Update:just saw PB confirmed another season in a recent interview but no timeline?

Who am I kidding, I don’t care if it’s Wanda’s Vision, Ice Vision(or whatever we’re calling him) I just need more vision in my life. :smoke:

Edited by BricksBrotha
S2?
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I could sit around and watch Paul Bettany talk to himself about the thought experiment The Ship of Theseus and the field of identity metaphysics all day long. 

Best part of the episode for me.  Paul Bettany is such underrated actor.  He could convey wide range of emotion even under ridiculous amount of red make up.  For my money, he / Vision should be the vocal point for the Avengers in the next phase of MCU, replacing Iron Man & Capt America

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

The battle scene between Agnes and Wanda was also nicely done. A+ on Wanda’s wardrobe/costume. Very bad ass for a witch!

Agreed.  I loved the 21st century update to her wardrobe.  She looks good and at the same time, when in power mode - scary as all get out.

• Like 2

Best part of the episode for me.  Paul Bettany is such underrated actor.  He could convey wide range of emotion even under ridiculous amount of red make up.  For my money, he / Vision should be the vocal point for the Avengers in the next phase of MCU, replacing Iron Man & Capt America
I give to you...... Ulrich von Lichtenstein!!! Man, Paul Bettany is the best.
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 1:28 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Didn't really click for me that the entire show was the stages of grief...now it's blatantly obvious

So moral of the story is, as long as you are grieving it is ok to kidnap a town full of people and force them to do things against their will :devil:

One sticking point at of the episode was Wanda never acknowledged (let alone apologized to) the townsfolks whose lives were turned upside down and sideways thanks to her power.  Sure she brought the town back to what it was, but time still moved forward and those people still lost 2-5 days while in the hex.  The townfolks obviously still remembered what happened to them in those days.  What about Vision's coworker who has a sick relative? Or the mom who was separated from her daughter?  What about those kids who were stuck in their rooms for days? 

• Like 1

So moral of the story is, as long as you are grieving it is ok to kidnap a town full of people and force them to do things against their will :devil:
One sticking point at of the episode was Wanda never acknowledged (let alone apologized to) the townsfolks whose lives were turned upside down and sideways thanks to her power.  Sure she brought the town back to what it was, but time still moved forward and those people still lost 2-5 days while in the hex.  The townfolks obviously still remembered what happened to them in those days.  What about Vision's coworker who has a sick relative? Or the mom who was separated from her daughter?  What about those kids who were stuck in their rooms for days? 

It’s interesting how both Marvel and DC dealt with human casualties in their super hero franchises. I remember people reacting to the death toll in Man of Steel and then of course there was the snap in Marvel, which I guess doesn’t count expect for cases like Wanda losing Vision. I think this is really the first Marvel vehicle to deal with death and grief and the toll put on others. Infinity Wars touched on it but nothing to this depth. I actually like that they didn’t put a tidy little bow on it and made Wanda live with her actions. We’ll see where it leads.

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

yeah...and by the looks of it they were essentially tortured...pretty bad when That 70s Show mom asked Wanda if they could "just die" instead.

I kinda think collateral damage being addressed by the Slovokian Accords thing was way over done by Marvel.  How can we enjoy watching titans duke it out if we need to worry about all the regular people...trying to impress real world sensibilities to clearly other worldly phenomenon is too difficult to balance...be like the comics...bring it up as it fits the narrative don't make it about the collateral damage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It shows that majority of people will simply believe the narrative they are being told (and overpay for a minifig of that character, shown to be a hero (while actually being a villain).

Correction, I suppose in todays society she is not a villain - she is just a victim of her grief.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KShine said:

It shows that majority of people will simply believe the narrative they are being told (and overpay for a minifig of that character, shown to be a hero (while actually being a villain).

Correction, I suppose in todays society she is not a villain - she is just a victim of her grief.

I give Marvel some props: I think it's showing that no one is 100% villian or 100% hero...yes I almost thought Wanda was about to turn herself in when she approached Monica at the end of the show...but then she flew away when the cops showed up...

The series writer said Grief was the big  baddee.  

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I give Marvel some props: I think it's showing that no one is 100% villian or 100% hero...yes I almost thought Wanda was about to turn herself in when she approached Monica at the end of the show...but then she flew away when the cops showed up...

The series writer said Grief was the big  baddee.  

See, that is the issue. Every criminal, murderer, etc., has had experiences in their life that somehow lead them to their actions - There is always a reason for the choices people make, but that doesn't excuse those choices, or remove the need for personal accountability.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah...and by the looks of it they were essentially tortured...pretty bad when That 70s Show mom asked Wanda if they could "just die" instead.

I kinda think collateral damage being addressed by the Slovokian Accords thing was way over done by Marvel.  How can we enjoy watching titans duke it out if we need to worry about all the regular people...trying to impress real world sensibilities to clearly other worldly phenomenon is too difficult to balance...be like the comics...bring it up as it fits the narrative don't make it about the collateral damage.

To me, if the writers are unable or unwilling to address the logical consequences of collateral damages then they should not bring these up to begin with.  They showed over several episodes that these townspeople lived in agony but their pains were conveniently ignored towards the end of ep9.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Yes, and I have to admit I was too mesmerized by the awesome Vision vs Vision fight & conclusion and glossed over these details until later :P

1 hour ago, KShine said:

See, that is the issue. Every criminal, murderer, etc., has had experiences in their life that somehow lead them to their actions - There is always a reason for the choices people make, but that doesn't excuse those choices, or remove the need for personal accountability.

This 1000%

• Like 1