WANDAVISION Discussion - **Spoilers**

CosmicSpeed

5 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Figured I would start one for this show. It has been a pleasant surprise watching and we cant wait for Ep 6. 5 really blew me away and makes me really wonder where Phase 4 is going.

I had friends who are big comic book fans that almost gave up after episode 2.  They sure are happy they stuck with it now.

• Like 1

Just now, exciter1 said:

I had friends who were big comic book fans that almost gave up after episode 2.  They sure are happy they stuck with it now.

Yeah, Im glad they released Ep 1 and 2 at the same time. I still think there are a lot of unanswered questions, like the blood. People are saying Mephisto might be involved and multiverse stuff too with her brother being revealed. Lots of unknowns. I was never into comics but its interesting to see the theories about what might happen.

I have to admit this show is good. I like the Twilight Zone vibe of episodes 1&2 even though I know people who turned off the show after 1&2.

It is basically a deconstruction or even a reverse of "House of M" storyline in the comics, but I am waiting to be surprised.  All the obvious indications point to Wanda behind the bubble, but there are other possibilities.

One little thing, Rambeau's head scan came back blank, curious why that was.  Maybe the snap did not work the way Tony thought it would be?

I am thinking Phase 4 will involve an introduction of new Captain Marvel ;) ;)

• Like 1

I like it for its unpredictability

The show has brought up cool concepts and ideas regarding the MCU. Seeing the reverse snap scene was really cool.

The prevalent thinking seems to be Mephisto is the new Thanos...multiverse is the new Infinity Stones...wnadavision is all about the twins the the ushering in of new Heroes (actors) for the next stage of MCU (ie the next 10-20 years)

I have to admit this show is good. I like the Twilight Zone vibe of episodes 1&2 even though I know people who turned off the show after 1&2.
It is basically a deconstruction or even a reverse of "House of M" storyline in the comics, but I am waiting to be surprised.  All the obvious indications point to Wanda behind the bubble, but there are other possibilities.
One little thing, Rambeau's head scan came back blank, curious why that was.  Maybe the snap did not work the way Tony thought it would be?
I am thinking Phase 4 will involve an introduction of new Captain Marvel

Is it Friday yet? Ugh. So hard to wait.

I think Monica’s scan came up not blank, it completely white, as if she were made of energy.

She’s my (Marvel) Captain Marvel. I’m really liking her and can’t wait for her powers to manifest.
  • Like 2

I commented to my wife after watching Ep. 1 and 2, I wonder how many people are quitting the show after those two?

Several things make me wonder about Phase 4.  Like someone commenting about Marvell and Monica having a weird look on her face.  She Monica pointed out that Wanda was stronger than Thanos vs the commander guy claiming Marvel was.  Then the commander guy commented about enemies in space and Monica replied, "And some friends."  But based upon her previous reactions to Marvell, I don't feel like she's talking about the same "friend".

And why did Wanda have to go to a SWORD facility to retrieve Vision's body?  What was SWORD doing with his body?  

We haven't seen any of Vision's powers which tells me that it's all Wanda animating him.  Like someone in the show pointed out, that is an incredible amount of power she is using.  And when you exercise that muscle it gets stronger.  I can't wait to see where this goes.

Edited by exracer327

5 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

And why did Wanda have to go to a SWORD facility to retrieve Vision's body?  What was SWORD doing with his body?  

They are fulfilling Vision's wish to never be brought back...  But Vision never said anything about repurposing parts of him.. umm in case Thanos comes back :P

7 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

We haven't seen any of Vision's powers which tells me that it's all Wanda animating him.

We did see him going through things, working / running fast, and unscrambled his cowoker's mind

9 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

She Monica pointed out that Wanda was stronger than Thanos vs the commander guy claiming Marvel was.

How the F did people in MCU know the details of that battle with Thanos? Wait, did they watch Endgame too ? :D

I thought it was Avengers Compound and that it was “upstate New York?”

It’s been three weeks since Endgame. If it was Monica saying that Wanda could be more powerful than Thanos, then I assume SWORD got a good debrief from the Avengers.

I also think Monica is a bit pissed at Carol. It’s either that Carol didn’t take care of Monica’s mom, or that Carol didn’t stick around to check on Monica in the weeks after Endgame.

Could be and older wound, though, especially if Carol didn’t want Monica going out into space pre-Snap

Scarlett Witch has always been one of the strongest human/mutant/non-alien on earth, at least in the comic books.  Her power in essence is reality bending.

I would like to have Wanda as main villain at least for the majority of the next phase of MCU, then reveal the true Main boss / evil mastermind towards the end.  But this might be too complicated of a concept for the average MCU fans :devil:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Scarlett Witch has always been one of the strongest human/mutant/non-alien on earth, at least in the comic books.  Her power in essence is reality bending.

I would like to have Wanda as main villain at least for the majority of the next phase of MCU, then reveal the true Main boss / evil mastermind towards the end.  But this might be too complicated of a concept for the average MCU fans :devil:

and her twin brother ...got to run really fast

someone got the shaft

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

and her twin brother ...got to run really fast

someone got the shaft

Lol. For the record I prefer Quicksilver's power

But in the comics, they balanced her power by making Wanda the most "emotionally fragile" er "psychologically challenged" er (f it) "batshit crazy" member of the good side

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol. For the record I prefer Quicksilver's power

But in the comics, they balanced her power by making Wanda the most "emotionally fragile" er "psychologically challenged" er (f it) "batshit crazy" member of the good side

I prefer the Quicksiler presentation in X-men much better...dude had time to check your car glove compartment, flip through your wallet, and have a ham sandwich in the time it took Xavier to push the doorbell...the X-men version showing up at wanda's Front door is all kinds of Huh?

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I prefer the Quicksiler presentation in X-men much better...dude had time to check your car glove compartment, flip through your wallet, and have a ham sandwich in the time it took Xavier to push the doorbell...the X-men version showing up at wanda's Front door is all kinds of Huh?

IMO a great way to incorporate X-Men (previously owned by Fox) into MCU (Disney)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

They are fulfilling Vision's wish to never be brought back...  But Vision never said anything about repurposing parts of him.. umm in case Thanos comes back :P

We did see him going through things, working / running fast, and unscrambled his cowoker's mind

How the F did people in MCU know the details of that battle with Thanos? Wait, did they watch Endgame too ? :D

1) lol, um creepy.  Night of the Living Vision?  Oh wait, isn't that what Wanda is doing?

2) True, but couldn't those be powers Wanda has imbued him with?  We haven't seen him try to use the mindstone to do anything.  I mean the mind stone is... well, gone, right?  Technically, in the current time-line, Thanos did the snap and then days later destroyed the stones himself so the stones no longer exist in the current MCU.  Since Vision is dead without the stone, then Vision has no powers from the stone.  They have to be all from Wanda.  Since everyone else is under the control of Wanda it makes sense that Vision can snap people out of it.  Almost like a negative proton coming in contact with a positive proton - if you get what I mean.

3) lol, I had the exact same thought.  I suppose someone could have witnessed Wanda kicking Thanos' butt before he called for the artillery assault.

On a side note, I just read an article that pointed out that the commercials during WandaVision each depict an infinity stone.  The stones shown, in order of episode, are: Mind, Time, Space, and the Reality stone.  The two remaining are Soul and Power.  Six stones, but there are eight or nine episodes planned.  (I'm seeing conflicting info on the number of episodes).  Hmmm....

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/wandavision-infinity-stones-connections-powers/

I gave up 10 minutes into episode 1. Going from the positive reviews it's getting it looks like I should plod through the first two episodes?

Do it. It really picks up steam with ep 3 and 4.

You’d probably get spoiled if you wait until it all drops but I know I’m going to rewatch when it does finish.

I’m glad they dropped ep 1 and 2 together, because I did feel like it was a slow start. Definitely worth it.
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, exracer327 said:

On a side note, I just read an article that pointed out that the commercials during WandaVision each depict an infinity stone.  The stones shown, in order of episode, are: Mind, Time, Space, and the Reality stone.  The two remaining are Soul and Power.  Six stones, but there are eight or nine episodes planned.  (I'm seeing conflicting info on the number of episodes).  Hmmm...

I heard it was originally a 6 episodes miniseries.  But Disney execs ordered recut to increase number of episodes since the Falcon / Winter Soldier series was delayed.

The 6 stones = 6 commercials theory makes sense in that light.  Also, did anyone notice the extra long opening and end credits?  They were padding those episodes as much as they could :P

• Like 1

So... my daughter and I were discussing tonight's episode.  It is as if Wanda is now acting as the Infinity Gauntlet herself - able to control time, space, minds, power, reality, and of course souls.   In the House of M series Wanda has a mental breakdown and alters reality for the entire Earth.  Could be how the MCU introduces mutants.  

Monica on the other hand appears to have been modified by Wanda herself.  The analysis of Monica's brain activity in a previous episode showed all white - "useless".  So will this be the birth of Photon or Spectrum, or whatever name Monica goes by? 

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1