WANDAVISION Discussion - **Spoilers**

CosmicSpeed

So... my daughter and I were discussing tonight's episode.  It is as if Wanda is now acting as the Infinity Gauntlet herself - able to control time, space, minds, power, reality, and of course souls.   In the House of M series Wanda has a mental breakdown and alters reality for the entire Earth.  Could be how the MCU introduces mutants.  
Monica on the other hand appears to have been modified by Wanda herself.  The analysis or Monica's brain activity in a previous episode showed all white - "useless".  So will this be the birth of Photon or Spectrum, or whatever name Monica goes by? 

Unfortunately Monica won’t be going by my favorite name for her - Captain Marvel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Unfortunately Monica won’t be going by my favorite name for her - Captain Marvel

She is supposed to be in Capt Marvel 2.  So... who knows.  Although that could end up being some sort of prequel to WandaVision and explain why Monica has such a negative attitude towards Carol Danvers.  Also might be how they replace Brie Larson.

25 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

She is supposed to be in Capt Marvel 2.  So... who knows.  Although that could end up being some sort of prequel to WandaVision and explain why Monica has such a negative attitude towards Carol Danvers.  Also might be how they replace Brie Larson.

Whatever her power/name is, methinks they are preparing her to be the new leader of the Avengers (just like in the comic books in the 80s). 

I would have preferred Vision (who was also a leader of Avengers for a time in the comics), but Hollywood unwritten rules dictate female main baddies (ie. Wanda?) require a female main person on the other side :P

• Like 2

Whatever her power/name is, methinks they are preparing her to be the new leader of the Avengers (just like in the comic books in the 80s). 
I would have preferred Vision (who was also a leader of Avengers for a time in the comics), but Hollywood unwritten rules dictate female main baddies (ie. Wanda?) require a female main person on the other side

I was a big Avengers comic reader back when all of that happened. Vision was chairman of the group, and then Wasp then Captain Marvel (Monica). I believe that’s the order.
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 9:38 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I like the old school Scarlett Witch, Vision, Quicksilver costumes, especially Quicksilver's hair :D

Their kids also had the looks for their roles too, which was a cool touch. Wiccan more than Speed.

Young_Avengers_Presents_Vol_1_3_Textless

I just wonder why SWORD wants Wandas-Vision. Are they trying to capture him? It didn't seem like it since they just left him there when he tried to go through the Hex.

• Like 1

Hmm, they skipped 90s sitcom.  Last week was 80s (Growing Pains) and this week they jumped to the Office (mid 2000).  And here I thought the 90s were the heyday of sitcoms (Seinfield, Friends, Frasier, etc etc etc)

The revelation made sense with the (not so subtle) hints throughout previous episodes

3 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Episode 7 answered several questions very nicely and caused a couple more.  Do not skip the after credit's scene in Ep. 7.

Lol I had to go back and rewatch because I can't stand the long end credits

Hmm, they skipped 90s sitcom.  Last week was 80s (Growing Pains) and this week they jumped to the Office (mid 2000).  And here I thought the 90s were the heyday of sitcoms (Seinfield, Friends, Frasier, etc etc etc)
The revelation made sense with the (not so subtle) hints throughout previous episodes
Lol I had to go back and rewatch because I can't stand the long end credits
I got Malcom in the Middle vibes last week. The opening was for sure Office this week, but I think there was a fair amount of Desperate Housewives and Modern Family.

Overall, it was a good one. Really looking forward to the finale.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I got Malcom in the Middle vibes last week. The opening was for sure Office this week, but I think there was a fair amount of Desperate Housewives and Modern Family.

Overall, it was a good one. Really looking forward to the finale.

Wait, I skipped an episode.  Growing Pains was the one before the Malcolm in the Middle one.  But that meant they did 2 sitcoms of the 2000s and none from the 90s

my question is...where are the other remaining avengers /super heroes (I get that many left the galaxy)/shield (Nick Fury) while all this Wandavision stuff is going down?

I just re-watched Infinity War (IW) and it doesn't make sense that Wanda and Vision already planned their retirement together in Westview...in IW, Vision is just starting to confirm if it's "working" between them....then all the IW stuff hits the fan.

Probably just getting too fixated on the minutia...I miss going to see movies in theaters

17 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

my question is...where are the other remaining avengers /super heroes (I get that many left the galaxy)/shield (Nick Fury) while all this Wandavision stuff is going down?

I just re-watched Infinity War (IW) and it doesn't make sense that Wanda and Vision already planned their retirement together in Westview...in IW, Vision is just starting to confirm if it's "working" between them....then all the IW stuff hits the fan.

Probably just getting too fixated on the minutia...I miss going to see movies in theaters

I said the same thing to my wife.  They were "off grid" in Europe at the beginning of IW.  Vision died at the end of IW and it was roughly five years later when EG occurred.  

So who sent the property deed to Wanda?  It seems like it was mere days after the return-blip before Wanda showed up at SWORD.  That's pretty quick considering Vision had actually been gone for five years plus and I highly doubt he was planning for NJ of all places.  SWORD, on the other hand, had been trying to resurrect Vision for years.  Then, all of a sudden, Wanda is back.  I wonder is SWORD did something and it went beyond their control - as if that has never happened before in the Marvel Universe.

17 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I said the same thing to my wife.  They were "off grid" in Europe at the beginning of IW.  Vision died at the end of IW and it was roughly five years later when EG occurred.  

So who sent the property deed to Wanda?  It seems like it was mere days after the return-blip before Wanda showed up at SWORD.  That's pretty quick considering Vision had actually been gone for five years plus and I highly doubt he was planning for NJ of all places.  SWORD, on the other hand, had been trying to resurrect Vision for years.  Then, all of a sudden, Wanda is back.  I wonder is SWORD did something and it went beyond their control - as if that has never happened before in the Marvel Universe.

Maybe Agatha sent it to Wanda? My take is that Agatha isn't "completely" bad just yet, she just wants to know HOW Scarlet Witch got her powers. I am thinking, in seeing the blue crown on the older witch at the beginning of the episode, and then again on Scarlet Witch, she is somehow a reincarnate of that original witch. Im not big into the lore of Marvel comics, just my take on seeing the episode.

3 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Maybe Agatha sent it to Wanda? My take is that Agatha isn't "completely" bad just yet, she just wants to know HOW Scarlet Witch got her powers. I am thinking, in seeing the blue crown on the older witch at the beginning of the episode, and then again on Scarlet Witch, she is somehow a reincarnate of that original witch. Im not big into the lore of Marvel comics, just my take on seeing the episode.

the letter was clearly sent by Vision back in the day to celebrate...on the deed it's hand written "for Us to Grow Old In" "Heart V"; it wasn't a mysterious letter...something Wanda has been holding on to as a momento

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the letter was clearly sent by Vision back in the day to celebrate...on the deed it's hand written "for Us to Grow Old In" "Heart V"; it wasn't a mysterious letter...something Wanda has been holding on to as a momento

Thanks for explaining. I think I was just in shock of how the tone dramatically changed in this episode compared to some of the others. It was a lot to take in and probably deserves a rewatch. How many episodes are planned? I might just wait and watch all of them again, but this time back to back, prior to the last episode.

4 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Maybe Agatha sent it to Wanda? My take is that Agatha isn't "completely" bad just yet, she just wants to know HOW Scarlet Witch got her powers. I am thinking, in seeing the blue crown on the older witch at the beginning of the episode, and then again on Scarlet Witch, she is somehow a reincarnate of that original witch. I'm not big into the lore of Marvel comics, just my take on seeing the episode.

re: Agatha, I agree, I don't think Agatha is the one who sent the letter or set up the situation for Wanda.  If we take Agatha at her word, she was drawn to Wanda after Wanda "used magic" to takeover the town. 

The SWORD director obviously cannot be trusted but is his ambition limited to rebooting Vision and did he manipulate Wanda to accomplish that task?

According to the West Coast Avengers story line, the silver colored Vision is a bit more cold and robotic than the Vision Wanda knows and loves.  Also, there was some reprogramming that went on to boot.  Last episode this Fri... can't wait.

On a side note; between WandaVision and the Mandalorian, these are the only TV shows our kids want to watch with us.  It's turned into a family night every time we watch.  And for anyone with high school age kids, you know how hard that is to accomplish.

• Like 3

I am in the minority when it comes to this show, but I actually enjoy the episodes with the callbacks to the old sitcoms.  I used to watch way too much TVs and it was actually fun to see how those old shows got mixed together and reintroduced to present days.  For all I care, this show should have been all parody of old TV shows, with a little hints + a big "to be continued" sign at the end of the series.    But I understand the majority of MCU fans are not looking for that kind of show.

Needless to say, all these behind the scenes / actual reveals episodes rate rather low for me.  Of course the SWORD director obviously has other motives.  I am just glad the female scientist was not in this last episode.  Her snarky comments were good in low doses, but having her for almost the entire episode was just terrible.

There were a lot of small details which I like.  For example, the secret Sword project is named Cataract and the rebooted Vision looked like it was covered by off-white paint 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

re: Agatha, I agree, I don't think Agatha is the one who sent the letter or set up the situation for Wanda.  If we take Agatha at her word, she was drawn to Wanda after Wanda "used magic" to takeover the town. 

But It is kind of convenient to start the Hex right next door to the lair of a powerful witch, don't you think?  When did Agatha find out about the Hex?  She was in the WandaVision "show" as nosy neighbor since "episode 1".

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

But It is kind of convenient to start the Hex right next door to the lair of a powerful witch, don't you think?  When did Agatha find out about the Hex?  She was in the WandaVision "show" as nosy neighbor since "episode 1".

Yes, Agatha was there in episode one but does Agatha appear right after Wanda repurposes Westview and recreates Vision?  How much time passes between initiation and "episode one"?  Do we know that answer?  Then again, does it matter?  And did Agatha already live next door in Westview or did she take it over?  When the "Agatha All Along" appears, she comes from the left side of the house and changes into her Agnes role.  Could that be an accident?  I suppose.  But considering the level of details they have gone to for Easter eggs, I would find that a surprising mistake.  Her proximity to Wanda is not an accident, which Agatha admits to, but that still makes me think she came after the fact.  In the comics, Agatha is more of an anti-hero than a true bad guy.

My money is on the SWORD director being the true bad guy.  Too many references to Wanda "resurrecting / rebooting" Vision and then SWORD actually harnesses Wanda's power to resurrect / reboot Vision.  It'll be interesting to see if SWORD now tries to use silver Vision to shut-down Wanda and her Westview reality. 

Also, where is Monica Rambeau?  We haven't seen her (one episode ago) since Fietro (fake Pietro) confronted her in the after credits scene.  By the way, it looked to me like her eyes were reflecting purple color (Agatha's spell).  Agatha admitted she used a "stand-in".  So while we saw Fietro, who does Monica see?

Any bets on Dr. Strange showing up this last episode?  Or does Westview continue into a season two?  Wanda is already set to appear in Dr. Strange 2.

29 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Yes, Agatha was there in episode one but does Agatha appear right after Wanda repurposes Westview and recreates Vision?  How much time passes between initiation and "episode one"?  Do we know that answer?  Then again, does it matter?  And did Agatha already live next door in Westview or did she take it over?  When the "Agatha All Along" appears, she comes from the left side of the house and changes into her Agnes role.  Could that be an accident?  I suppose.  But considering the level of details they have gone to for Easter eggs, I would find that a surprising mistake.  Her proximity to Wanda is not an accident, which Agatha admits to, but that still makes me think she came after the fact.  In the comics, Agatha is more of an anti-hero than a true bad guy.

My money is on the SWORD director being the true bad guy.  Too many references to Wanda "resurrecting / rebooting" Vision and then SWORD actually harnesses Wanda's power to resurrect / reboot Vision.  It'll be interesting to see if SWORD now tries to use silver Vision to shut-down Wanda and her Westview reality. 

Also, where is Monica Rambeau?  We haven't seen her (one episode ago) since Fietro (fake Pietro) confronted her in the after credits scene.  By the way, it looked to me like her eyes were reflecting purple color (Agatha's spell).  Agatha admitted she used a "stand-in".  So while we saw Fietro, who does Monica see?

Any bets on Dr. Strange showing up this last episode?  Or does Westview continue into a season two?  Wanda is already set to appear in Dr. Strange 2.

Agatha is anti-hero; not THE bad guy

SWORD Director is just the typical government "leader" that doesn't "get it"; hence the need for super heroes (see all the defense secretaries in MCU)

There is a behind the scenes real bad guy (Thanos level) that has not been revealed yet...he past MCU tells us they like to reveal the real bad guy slowly over at least 3 different shows

I like the little details on "Cataract".  Pay attention to the eyes (you know when ;) )

It is a damn good show.  That was a nice send off, very sweet and cheesy just like most of the best sitcoms' series finale.  (in keeping with the theme of the series)
Seriously, I need to talk to the authors and geek out or something :D

• Like 3