Best economy ground shipping

nolanfan34

I have mostly shipped smaller items like baseball card packs, but want to start selling some Lego. For your standard 1000 pc size set, I see a lot of auctions listing economy shipping around $14-15. How are people getting that rate? When I have shipped some other items, I can never see rates that low - even Parcel Post was usually more than that. I want to offer free shipping if I can in the auction, and minimize my costs of course. Any tips? I know I need to get a scale, weigh with the box, etc.

Get a scale definitely. You can get those rates and a little lower too. For example, shipping for an Imperial Shuttle to Oklahoma from Florida using Fedex is around $14. What I do is have the box I will be shipping it measured and weighted before listing, then go to Fedex and get the estimate for delivery to the farthes place possible I ship too ( I use Seattle or similar) and then build that into the cost of the listing.

Parcel post is not always cheaper, I usually play around with the postage when I actually ship and sometimes I can upgrade to priority mail and save a few cents. Since the postage works in zones, I never really know until I have the address (zip code) of the purchaser. If it is a small set and the total package weight is under 13 ounces it will be much cheaper to use First Class Mail. This is an option with ebay shipping, but not available at my local post office! I sometimes cut down the shipping box to get it under 13 ounces. One thing I've noticed as a buyer and a seller is crossing the Mississippi River seems to add $2-$4 to the shipping cost.

I have mostly shipped smaller items like baseball card packs, but want to start selling some Lego. For your standard 1000 pc size set, I see a lot of auctions listing economy shipping around $14-15. How are people getting that rate? When I have shipped some other items, I can never see rates that low - even Parcel Post was usually more than that.

I want to offer free shipping if I can in the auction, and minimize my costs of course.

Any tips? I know I need to get a scale, weigh with the box, etc.

Dude I was wandering the same thing, I was trying to sell a 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout and shipping seems so expensive but I see people selling them with like $3 shipping? I'm like where do they get that!!!

• 1 month later...