Any Brickfolio update?

50 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Like many others, I came to this site for the Brickfolio feature…but I stayed for the witty banter and great insight from experienced sellers. I have my own spreadsheet/tracking system, so Brickfolio or not, I plan to stick around for a long time! Thanks to the Mack bros for creating and maintaining the site.

can't quit the dickens...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So now we are officially into 2021 and our 2020 sales sheets are complete, sort of.  For those of us that unfortunately used the brickfolio for tracking, can we get some sort of clarification, pretty please?  I ask this fully understanding it's probably not issue #1 for the brickpicker team, but some of us are really stuck in a tough spot since this disappeared. I know, hindsight is 20/20, I don't need any "you should have had a separate sheet" crap from the peanut gallery.  I do now, but that doesn't help for older purchases. Thanks for all the work on the site, please help those of us unfortunate souls that relied on this function.

You should have hired a different football coach. :)

8 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

So now we are officially into 2021 and our 2020 sales sheets are complete, sort of.  For those of us that unfortunately used the brickfolio for tracking, can we get some sort of clarification, pretty please?  I ask this fully understanding it's probably not issue #1 for the brickpicker team, but some of us are really stuck in a tough spot since this disappeared. I know, hindsight is 20/20, I don't need any "you should have had a separate sheet" crap from the peanut gallery.  I do now, but that doesn't help for older purchases. Thanks for all the work on the site, please help those of us unfortunate souls that relied on this function.

I'm in the same boat and really looking forward to this.

Maybe @Jeff Mack or @Ed Mackcan give an update on that. I still love this site, thanks for your hard work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I currently use my old export of bricklink and add my new purchases to it and subtract the sales. The excel is really good for inventory management as a business. For current tracking, I now use a combination of brickset and **************.com. 

For me it is now too long a stretch to start tracking here again I think. Really a pity. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My assumption is to move on with my own tracker.  If they ever get the old folio restored, great.  If they ever offer the ability to download our old data, great.  But they lack of communication on the project as caused me to doubt it will be completed anytime soon especially since their last communicated deadline past months ago.

If you were expecting it this tax year, it has been unavailable for virtually the entire year so hopefully you tracked what you invested and made and don't just have a stack of sticky notes and reciepts lying around.

8 hours ago, cardensb said:

My assumption is to move on with my own tracker.  If they ever get the old folio restored, great.  If they ever offer the ability to download our old data, great.  But they lack of communication on the project as caused me to doubt it will be completed anytime soon especially since their last communicated deadline past months ago.

If you were expecting it this tax year, it has been unavailable for virtually the entire year so hopefully you tracked what you invested and made and don't just have a stack of sticky notes and reciepts lying around.

My last back up was 2018.  Worst part I had special notes for a lot of the sets.

22 hours ago, KShine said:

What's a no go? Is there a problem?

No go as in this is not coming back/not going to happen.

31 minutes ago, stackables said:

My last back up was 2018.  Worst part I had special notes for a lot of the sets.

No go as in this is not coming back/not going to happen.

Sorry, but I really can't see that it is coming back at this point. Hopefully the data is retrievable, and will be made available to users (in some form) as needed.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KShine said:

Sorry, but I really can't see that it is coming back at this point. Hopefully the data is retrievable, and will be made available to users (in some form) as needed.

Yeah, I don't need the feature to come back. I just want access to all the info I put into the feature. Maybe we can get access to the excel document or something similar.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 5:41 AM, Legojona said:

I currently use my old export of bricklink and add my new purchases to it and subtract the sales. The excel is really good for inventory management as a business. For current tracking, I now use a combination of brickset and **************.com. 

For me it is now too long a stretch to start tracking here again I think. Really a pity. 

Kinda bugs me that the link to the other site is hidden. I cannon mention ************** here or that just happens with links? 

It seems they really have it as a non mentionable word... Well, it rhymes with brickBconomy. 

Edited by Legojona
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, Legojona said:

Kinda bugs me that the link to the other site is hidden. I cannon mention ************** here or that just happens with links? 

It seems they really have it as a non mentionable word... Well, it rhymes with brickBconomy. 

Thanks for the hint. I don't see any reason to wait for brickfolio. BE ist much more comfortable to use and supports import/export too.

3 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

It's also filled with coding errors and randomly loses info you save.

We have also had experiences with lost information or sets here. Besides, a badly programmed portfolio is better than no portfolio at all.

Using any free online service is probably fine if all you want to do is track your personal collection value or see some general market trends, but anyone that is actively reselling should really invest in proper accounting software or set up their own Excel spreadsheet to avoid any potential issues with their data.

• Like 3

I look forward to seeing the new version of the site, along with some of it's old features that have been upgraded.  That being said, while I don't want to speak for Jeff,  I will tell you that serious family illnesses over the past year within Jeff's immediate family has taken up much of Jeff's time.  This is besides the added workload from his normal job due to the Covid BS.  Jeff would never say anything, but I thought it was time to give people some heads up as to why certain site issues have not been addressed.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I look forward to seeing the new version of the site, along with some of it's old features that have been upgraded.  That being said, while I don't want to speak for Jeff,  I will tell you that serious family illnesses over the past year within Jeff's immediate family has taken up much of Jeff's time.  This is besides the added workload from his normal job due to the Covid BS.  Jeff would never say anything, but I thought it was time to give people some heads up as to why certain site issues have not been addressed.  

Hopefully things are starting to get better - Wish you all the best.

• Like 5