40416 - Ice Skating Rink

nolan808

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

very Strange, in the past sale items qualified

I hope its not only on full price items in the USA

I have bought online and visited several Brick World stores in Singapore.  They have lots of the certified Lego stores, they have their own VIP program, you have to buy a membership to get discounted prices.  This is normal for them to have more exclusions then a normal Lego owned store. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aib84e said:

I have bought online and visited several Brick World stores in Singapore.  They have lots of the certified Lego stores, they have their own VIP program, you have to buy a membership to get discounted prices.  This is normal for them to have more exclusions then a normal Lego owned store. 

There was a different certified store I visited in Seoul that had a nifty promo (like a water bottle or something, I forgot what exactly), you had to buy a membership and be a local to get it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, raulaco said:

I wonder how long it will be before the black friday promo's are mentioned. Will the Charles Dickens Promo start on the 21st, hoping for one with the sale items tbh.

should be like all the other years, preview weekend 3 days and then return the following weekend through CM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimboJet said:

Odd because Singapore $ and Australia $ are close, within 10%.  SG$180 = US$133, AUS$150 = US$109.  So would seem odd that US threshold is US$150, but I typically don't doubt info from ravenb99!  

Its not weird because Lego abandoned the conversion in their most established markets over a year ago.  The Asian market is still newer to the lego family, they follow the 

The number that US, Canada, UK and EU countries see is the same, onlt difference is the symbol in front $, £, €. 

Examples

SW Carbonite keychain: $100/£100/€100

El Fuego's Stunt Cannon/Monkie/creator 3in1 Poly bag each was : $35/£35/€35

HP Brickheadz: $100/£100/€100 

Xmas Tree (July) :$100/£100/€100

Hot Rod: $85/£85/€85

Xmas Tree BF19: $120/£120/€120

Red Brick BF19: $200/£200/€200

Mini Gingerbread house: $99/£99/€99

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aib84e said:

The number that US, Canada, UK and EU countries see is the same, only difference is the symbol in front $, £, €. 

In that case, Asia and the Canadians are making out great and the Brits are getting shafted for having the strongest currency! 😄

At least Lego is saving on brochure design costs by only having to change the currency symbol.

Edited by JimboJet

1 minute ago, JimboJet said:

In that case, the Canadians are making out great and the Brits are getting shafted for having the strongest currency! 😄

At least Lego is saving on brochure design costs by only having to change the currency symbol.

Maybe... 🤣 But the sets are lower price in than what they cost in US and Cdn, so they have to spend more, that is true. 😊

But where VIP points don't accumulate on entire purchases in US/Can.  They add tax onto the prices so points are only on subtotal.  Where it accumulates on the vat in UK and likely EU too (if their entire country is same tax rate across the board), no additional taxes and the set price includes the taxes.

UK makes out like bandits on the extra points. 

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 40416 - Ice Skating Rink

Maybe I just can’t find it but I don’t see any reviews out there of the ice skating rink set... someone sold a bunch on ebay for high $$$... I would have thought one of the buyers would have been a youtube reviewer so that they could get their review video out first... but i can’t find anything...

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo... december calendar is out... skating rink starts Dec.1.... how long does everyone think this will last??? if it’s still available by the middle of the month then an in store purchase will also get you the train polybag... (nothing special but looks like it’s an easy $10 value)...

how long will the skating rink last?? thoughts??

On 11/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, Bricks Eh said:

Maybe I just can’t find it but I don’t see any reviews out there of the ice skating rink set... someone sold a bunch on ebay for high $$$... I would have thought one of the buyers would have been a youtube reviewer so that they could get their review video out first... but i can’t find anything...