40416 - Ice Skating Rink

nolan808

I was scrolling through ebay and happened to look up the upcoming charles dickens promo, I did find a seller who happened to have 10 of them. Anyway I had a look through some of the items this person was selling and came across this Lego 40416 Ice Skating promo which I haven't seen before. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this a new promo that hasn't been announced yet?

Could it be free with purchases alongside the Charles Dickens Promo.

Here's a link to the item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-40416-Ice-Skating-Rink-2020-Christmas-Brand-New-Sealed/114499606264?hash=item1aa8b556f8:g:~q0AAOSwiEFfov2b

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There have been two holiday GWP's for several years.  As noted above, in recent years, the first GWP has occurred around Black Friday, and the second in December.  

I'm guessing this is legit as well.  I might have preferred it as a straight vignette without the skating gimmick, but overall it does look like a nice set.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i think thats just inflated.

Very likely, but if I look at previous years and gwp... They will go between £40-60.  Depending who is patient and who is not.

I feel lego will be enforcing the restrictions of the GWP since some countries have their Lego shops closed during the first one.  Highly likely the stores will have some when they reopen.  UK reopens Dec 3?

1 hour ago, Aib84e said:

Very likely, but if I look at previous years and gwp... They will go between £40-60.  Depending who is patient and who is not.

I feel lego will be enforcing the restrictions of the GWP since some countries have their Lego shops closed during the first one.  Highly likely the stores will have some when they reopen.  UK reopens Dec 3?

I don't see why they should restrict them, just make more or let them run out. The thing is most people use the promos as a way to get sets cheaper and then sell it on eBay etc, I don't see a problem with that. There will be so many more people shopping on black Friday this year at Lego.com, deals will set out extremely fast. Won't they see alot of returns if people don't get there promos? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, raulaco said:

I don't see why they should restrict them, just make more or let them run out. The thing is most people use the promos as a way to get sets cheaper and then sell it on eBay etc, I don't see a problem with that. There will be so many more people shopping on black Friday this year at Lego.com, deals will set out extremely fast. Won't they see alot of returns if people don't get there promos? 

Silly me 😉 and thinking how if there was a world pandemic going on currently and countries restricting things, closing factories etc, that might play an impact on how sets have not been staying in stock long and going to back order sold out etc.  Yes, the hope is they made enough not to sell out in the first day of the promo. 

I just know they have had factories closed for months and reduced staff.  Release dates have been pushed back and the fact that many independent brick and mortar stores have had their orders of sets cancelled heading in the Christmas season. 

Lego has always had restrictions and sometimes enforced, sometimes not, some circumvent the rules... If the limits are enforced it means more people can get the one that they want vs someone getting 10 to sell off.  Maybe I'm weird in that I don't buy just to get a gwp to flip. The promo is for a few weeks, the hope is enough made, that honestly if after the first week there are lots left, then allow the limit to be exceeded.  Just like how lego.com has a limit of three on these sdcc sets.  I bought that limit and I'm happy with it.  Just like anyone who bought lots via no limit is happy with it. 

And no, I'm not dumping on people who load up, it's their business.  I think most prefer to buy their own very having to look at buying the GWP from someone. Yes, you do have some that will only want to buy the GWP, which goes in line with people who buy to make their purchase cheaper.  I would return my order if there was no GWP between Nov 20-28 or Dec 7- 15.  There should be stock to last at least that long and should if the restrictions are enforced (they are always listed when promo release).  It should be a good sign though that it hasn't sold out in Australia yet. 

38 minutes ago, Aib84e said:

Silly me 😉 and thinking how if there was a world pandemic going on currently and countries restricting things, closing factories etc, that might play an impact on how sets have not been staying in stock long and going to back order sold out etc.  Yes, the hope is they made enough not to sell out in the first day of the promo. 

I just know they have had factories closed for months and reduced staff.  Release dates have been pushed back and the fact that many independent brick and mortar stores have had their orders of sets cancelled heading in the Christmas season. 

Lego has always had restrictions and sometimes enforced, sometimes not, some circumvent the rules... If the limits are enforced it means more people can get the one that they want vs someone getting 10 to sell off.  Maybe I'm weird in that I don't buy just to get a gwp to flip. The promo is for a few weeks, the hope is enough made, that honestly if after the first week there are lots left, then allow the limit to be exceeded.  Just like how lego.com has a limit of three on these sdcc sets.  I bought that limit and I'm happy with it.  Just like anyone who bought lots via no limit is happy with it. 

And no, I'm not dumping on people who load up, it's their business.  I think most prefer to buy their own very having to look at buying the GWP from someone. Yes, you do have some that will only want to buy the GWP, which goes in line with people who buy to make their purchase cheaper.  I would return my order if there was no GWP between Nov 20-28 or Dec 7- 15.  There should be stock to last at least that long and should if the restrictions are enforced (they are always listed when promo release).  It should be a good sign though that it hasn't sold out in Australia yet. 

I do like the Christmas promo time. I generally pick up sets for Christmas presents or ones for myself to build that are more exclusive to Lego. I know the promo thing is really pot luck but it does help people to get sets a little cheaper this time of year especially with the lack of sales recently in the uk.

The Lego shop especially on Europe seems to be coping fine at the moment with sets. We will obviously see if this changes going forward, let's hope theres enough deals and promos to go round for everyone. 

Edited by raulaco
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

This is a modified store calendar from a LEGO Certified score. It is clear they changed some of the conditions. I doubt the "excludes sales items" is something LEGO LEGO Shop at Home will mention.

So is this a real LEGO Store Calendar or something someone made up for their own store?  Or is it plain fake?  I don't see the above mentioned promos on the Nov Store Calendar or anywhere online.

11 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

So is this a real LEGO Store Calendar or something someone made up for their own store?  Or is it plain fake?  I don't see the above mentioned promos on the Nov Store Calendar or anywhere online.

This looks fake. LEG0 would never say Free Gift with $180 Spend.  They would say spent or with any purchase over $180.

8 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

It's real, LEGO certified stores are, while authorized by LEGO, handled differently since they are not owned by LEGO.

• Like 2

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 40416 - Ice Skating Rink