75290 - MBS: Mos Eisley Cantina

Lobot

Stores are getting new stock. I called the one closest to me and they said they got 14. He doesn't expect them to last the weekend. Hoping this means a shop at home restock is in the works as well. Does anyone know how that works, when stores get stock does that mean SAH gets it as well? The rep was kind enough to offer a hold, said that four were already held back. Unfortunately I don't live close enough to make the trip just for that. I would have done it if some of the promos were left over, but he said those were all gone too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

still out of stock

"

Thanks for getting in touch about LEGO® Mos Eisley Cantina™.

It's been more popular than we expected so it's actually out of stock right now. I'm very sorry about this, but I promise we're working hard to make more so that you can get building soon!

Right now we don't have a restock date for the set, but we do offer email notifications you can sign up for when it's back in stock. You can also check your local LEGO store to see if they have the set in stock.

If you're planning to give the set as a present, I can send your LEGO builder a message to explain the delay. Please let me know if this would help.

If you simply can't wait to get started on your next building project, head to LEGO.com and check out hundreds of other LEGO toys.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:"

9 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I'm having no luck selling my two. I'm even offering it with the GWP lightsaber and Solo Keychain plus Obi-Wan 20th minifigure.

How much are you dudes reselling it for?

I’m not sure why people think the cantina is a QF— not a kids set so parents won’t be spending extra for it and will most likely be back in stock by February or March at the latest. 

14 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I’m not sure why people think the cantina is a QF— not a kids set so parents won’t be spending extra for it and will most likely be back in stock by February or March at the latest. 

I dunno, I've had no issue moving them locally between $475 and $500. Pick one up whenever my local store has one in stock. Usually gone before the next weekend is over. 

$100 cash plus points and promos are enough profit for me to keep flipping them.

The last one I buy, that doesn't sell, is apparently going to be my copy. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

oh I don't disagree, I was hoping for a better cantina after the large set maybe 10 years ago and the more recent small booth shoot out set(Wuher set).  I was pretty excited for it and missed it the day it was supposed to come out.  I thought "what's the point of being in the VIP club, if I miss out on new SW sets".

Some forums, a lot of collectors were less than excited about it when we got the first glimpses. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum. Looking for advice. I finally got my hands on this set and now debating whether to build it or keep it sealed. I have the same dilemma with the star destroyer. I had the same issue with the millennium falcon 75192 but I ened up finding a 2nd set and building one while the first is kept sealed.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, raindog said:

Jesus!  I'm starting to think that LEGO Shop at Home will never have this set again.  I've got almost $400 worth of VIP points, ready to pounce if they ever get it again.

It really is depressing, they have not refreshed much stock in the last year.  That set sold out on day one and has not listed again. 

1 hour ago, raindog said:

Jesus!  I'm starting to think that LEGO Shop at Home will never have this set again.  I've got almost $400 worth of VIP points, ready to pounce if they ever get it again.

I had a bunch of Microsoft points I used toward one, after cashing in for Amazon gift cards.

2 hours ago, raindog said:

If you have a local Lego store then find out when they get deliveries.  I think they will hold a set for a day if you call. 

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

If you have a local Lego store then find out when they get deliveries.  I think they will hold a set for a day if you call. 

Since they closed the Birmingham, AL store, the nearest stores are both 130+ miles away.  Plus, called them.  Both have been out since early Feb.  Tried to call Las Vegas and asked them to ship me one.  no dice.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I swooped in and bought one before they went out of stock again thanks to the notification here.  It arrived Thursday night and I started building it on Friday after work spending most of Saturday on it.

It's not overly complicated but I did have to go back a few times and pop something out because I skipped a step and had parts leftover. 

The figures are a great variety.  I like the add of the landspeeder.  Not sure if I needed another of the little capsules although it was a different build from the 2018 set.  The Cantina itself displays well my only compliant is that opened or closed, the figures that would be standing by the bar end up on carpet or a smooth plate and falling over.  It has plenty of seating when Lego decides to make us a battle pack of aliens to fill it up.

I'm still not sure what the little white bracket is for on the side of the bar itself towards the closed nose end.  Maybe I installed it backwards and it is supposed to hold Wuher's pistol like in another set.

The little Jawa shops are nice, I was hoping one would be like the place the two droids hid.

Finishing the build Saturday night, I found myself in the basement digging out all my other cantina theme sets to include the Imp landing craft to the escape pod to set up on a table in the basement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cardensb said:

I'm still not sure what the little white bracket is for on the side of the bar itself towards the closed nose end. 

Are you talking about this, see picture, that is how mine looks? I did mess up the level of the main entrance because there is no color contrast to aide in placement, but it was an easy fix. The figs in this set are great. Some people complain that there is a lack of arm printing but compared to the new Gunship this thing blows it away. You can add some sand baseplates to display your figs and other related sets. 

2A93F033-71DE-46AB-82A9-A696D40C14B2.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...