Darn it...LEGO missed another good theme...

pickleboy

I am not sure if i just noticed or they are in fact new but I see Kre-o released some GI Joe sets... I know LEGO doesn't do guns but i was hoping they would figure out a way to make this happen. (Even though hasbro owns kre-o and gi-joe.) This is actually shaping up to be a really interesting fight between two toy titans. LEGO has been creeping on Hasbro's number two status for years and now Hasbro is fighting back with the new release of Kre-o and getting some REALLY cool themes like Star Trek...Transformers and now GIJoe... Look familiar? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18490356

I am not sure if i just noticed or they are in fact new but I see Kre-o released some GI Joe sets...

I know LEGO doesn't do guns but i was hoping they would figure out a way to make this happen. (Even though hasbro owns kre-o and gi-joe.)

This is actually shaping up to be a really interesting fight between two toy titans. LEGO has been creeping on Hasbro's number two status for years and now Hasbro is fighting back with the new release of Kre-o and getting some REALLY cool themes like Star Trek...Transformers and now GIJoe...

Look familiar?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18490356

I wish LEGO would do a Ninja theme...

Hmm... when I see a Ninja I don't go, I stop, either in fear or amazement. So how about Ninjastop ? :)

Ninjastop...... kitana time

(insert MC Hammer dancing)

On a serious note, I highly doubt there is a market for a ninja style theme. I cannot see it being a profitable venture for anyone.

On a serious serious note, the Kreo figures are horrible.

TLG uses guns in their licensed themes when needed but that is it. The Lego police department does not allow their officers to carry weapons.

Holy crap! What good is the police department if they aren't allowed to carry any weapons? No wonder there are so many robbers on the lose.

Actually I just checked some of my police sets and noticed that lots of officers carry coffee mugs, so perhaps they are using them as weapons.

Holy crap! What good is the police department if they aren't allowed to carry any weapons? No wonder there are so many robbers on the lose.

Actually I just checked some of my police sets and noticed that lots of officers carry coffee mugs, so perhaps they are using them as weapons.

I was thinking the exact thing. The ratio of lego criminals in the city to simple law abiding citizens is awful. I happen to have all of my cops armed with shotguns from the old western theme, so my city is pretty safe. A few citizens even have concealed carry.

You're not kidding. Talk about blatant ripoff.

I'll admit that some of those sets look intriguing to say the least, but all they do for me is just reinforce the opinion of how much better LEGO is, period. The design for most of the vehicles in this GI Joe line are the same as the ones KRE-O did for their Transformers sets. I get that there is only so many different ways to design a real world helicopter but come on. Can you at least try to look like you are trying?

It's amazing to me that the KREO figures have more technical functionality (ie. more range of movement in arms and legs) and they somehow all come off looking like they're wearing nappies or something. I'm sure some executive somewhere is convinced that the kids will come running once they see how you can move the legs sideways. Bzzt. I'm guessing LEGO tried a lot of alternatives before they settled on the minifig design...

I was thinking the exact thing. The ratio of lego criminals in the city to simple law abiding citizens is awful. I happen to have all of my cops armed with shotguns from the old western theme, so my city is pretty safe. A few citizens even have concealed carry.

Not all police forces are armed.

The British Bobby has his trusty truncheon. :)