9450 - Epic Dragon Battle

stackables

Guest ph4tb0i

It seems more of a buy and hold set rather than a short term flip set. I think people who missed out on this 2-3 years from now will definitely pay the premium to complete their collection or get the toy they never got. 

Heck, it's the same reason why the 20th Anniversary MMPR Megazord is selling at TRU. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Rangers-Legacy-Megazord-zTS-/350837288324?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51af882d84

I have 3 but all were bought at pretty good discount. I don't know if these will ever be a cash cow, but with the discounts we've gotten most of us should be able to sell at a decent gain. One of mine has a pretty badly dinged box, but I only paid 70, and I think I can still flip that one for around retail after EOL.

I have 7 that I bought for $50 CAN a piece. Great set, and for the price I managed to get them at, I`m confident profits will be fairly easy. That said, I wouldn`t buy this set at retail price for investment, because you`de be looking at a small profit margin shortly after EOL. The set will make money, because, well, what`s not to love about it? 

I'm feeling pretty good about the four I purchased at 90 USD each.  The Ninjago line's dragon sets have all done well, which makes the Epic Dragon Battle a decent bet.  I wouldn't pay $120 for the set, though, not when Amazon, Target, and Yoyo have offered discounts for a while now. 

If you get this set sub $90, you will almost certainly make a significant return on it once it hits retirement.  Look at how the previous Ninjago dragon sets have done, especially factoring in that an investor would have obtained them at 20% or more off MSRP.  This is another set I expect to read thread after thread about this time next year, investors madly dashing about hunting for any remaining stock and happily paying full retail price for any sets they do manage to find.

If you plan to quick flip this one, I personally feel like you're leaving a lot of profits on the table. 

If you get this set sub $90, you will almost certainly make a significant return on it once it hits retirement.  Look at how the previous Ninjago dragon sets have done, especially factoring in that an investor would have obtained them at 20% or more off MSRP.  This is another set I expect to read thread after thread about this time next year, investors madly dashing about hunting for any remaining stock and happily paying full retail price for any sets they do manage to find.

If you plan to quick flip this one, I personally feel like you're leaving a lot of profits on the table. 

I agree, the Ninjago dragons have an excellent track record and this one is the 2nd largest of all the Ninjago sets so can't see why it wouldn't do great as well.

On the flipping though, I'd agree if you are referring to flipping just after EOL, you can't get anymore then and the growth should continue longer term than that meaning profits left on the table.  But if you can quick flip them now for a profit while they are still widely available at retail and just replace your stock at a constant level then it seems like a simple easy profit to me.

I don't think anybody is worried about supply....more the demand. These sets are everywhere in mass quantities. I never saw this many fire temples or ice dragons. Lego is really cranking these sets out now. All of them. At least you don't see helms deep, well..deep on the shelves like you do this set.

The Helm's Deep was only made until May, The Epic battle is all year, so you no lego is making these 24/7 for the Christmas Rush, Unless you got these dirt cheap, I would not try and sell them this Christmas, just wait they will go up in Value thats why we say it takes about 2 years to make some good money.

• Like 1

Yep...I am on the same plan as you and have 12 of these dca'd to about 88 per. But you have to admit...they are printing a lot more of these things than comparable sets a couple few years ago.

And I think I am more worried about the discounts we have seen. I have 4 of these - 1 at 90, 1 at 85, 1 at 75, and 1 at 72. 

It has lost $40 in value from the retail. It is just a lot to make up.