75275 - UCS: A-Wing Starfighter

Cheese

15 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Don't roll your eyes but the designs I liked the most I found on ebay.  They were relatively cheap enough and came with the parts list + UCS sticker.  The Defender build uses a lot (about 40%) of the parts from the UCS Tie Fighter, which I already have.  I was considering tearing it down to build it into that.  Here are the links so you can check them out for yourself:

Tie Defender: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274318434630?ViewItem=&item=274318434630

Tie Bomber: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274318434607?ViewItem=&item=274318434607

This builder seems pretty lego, have you built ANY of his stuff yet?

I agree he seems to have the closest Tie Bomber to UCS Scale, I saw some on Rebrickable, but they just were dwarfed by the UCS tie

17 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

I agree he seems to have the closest Tie Bomber to UCS Scale, I saw some on Rebrickable, but they just were dwarfed by the UCS tie

This eBay seller is ripping off the original designers.  Seller may well have bought them from the original owner, but shouldn't be then selling them on.  I know the guy who designed the Tie Bomber and he's going to be well p*ssed.  

19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This eBay seller is ripping off the original designers.  Seller may well have bought them from the original owner, but shouldn't be then selling them on.  I know the guy who designed the Tie Bomber and he's going to be well p*ssed.  

uh oh. Want to point me in the direction of the real designer so I can buy from him?

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 9:48 PM, Dr Jedi said:

I like it.  I like it a lot.

Now, if we can just get that UCS AT-AT for the 40th anniversary of ESB...

A remake of the Imperial Shuttle (10212) is top of my list.

The original UCS set is great but, it's showing it's age now. There are several issues, such as the visible gears for the wings, that probably wouldn't make it into a current UCS set.

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

5 hours ago, scatttcat said:

uh oh. Want to point me in the direction of the real designer so I can buy from him?

I agree, who is the original designer?  I have searched for a very long time for a true UCS Tie Bomber and I have not seen this design anywhere else - and there are a lot of Tie Bomber MOCs. 

Please post the link to your friend's MOC and I will gladly check it out.  But I have to say, I have not found this design anywhere else on the internet and I have searched everywhere.

6 hours ago, scatttcat said:

I have not built anything yet.  I'm still collecting parts but I am a little sidetracked trying to complete some used sets to get ready to sell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CsabaLazlo said:

A remake of the Imperial Shuttle (10212) is top of my list.

The original UCS set is great but, it's showing it's age now. There are several issues, such as the visible gears for the wings, that probably wouldn't make it into a current UCS set.

I think 10212 is still top notch. Those flat angles are a challenge. It has size, it's designed really well & the ship itself is iconic. If they remade it without any changes, I wouldn't hesitate & buy it day one. I won't pay the salty 500€ for a new one though...

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I think 10212 is still top notch. Those flat angles are a challenge. It has size, it's designed really well & the ship itself is iconic. If they remade it without any changes, I wouldn't hesitate & buy it day one. I won't pay the salty 500€ for a new one though...

Agree! The 10212 is a set that came and went during my LEGO Dark Ages but one that I wished I had in my collection. It's beautiful and I really hope for a remake some fine year. 

Regarding this new UCS A-Wing, I think it looks great and I'm looking forward to building it. I'm sure it will be a very enjoyable building experience! And it will look great on my shelf next to the UCS Slave-1, UCS Snowspeeder (75144) and the Tantive IV (75244). :) 

First, incredibly blurry, photo of the May 4th GWP (40407) has just surfaced on Instagram #legoleaks.

I haven't posted it, but if it's legit I'm very impressed!  It seems to include a micro TIE Interceptor & A-wing above a Death Star trench.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...