Toys R Us LOL high prices thread

nolanfan34

That's awesome. They wouldn't let me do that at my TRU. I hope mine is the exception, not the rule

Wouldn't let me do it at either TRU here either.

did you go to customer services?

I did not but I will try tomorrow. I want to try the price match with the $20 off $75. I will let you know how it works.

Catching up - so are we saying I should be able to go back to TRU and have additional $10 knocked off my receipt for buying 2 Summer Camps (since they marked those up $10)? Wonder if this price matching adjustment could work for TRU ebay auctions (ie: 2 Volkswagen T1 Campers that I bought for 50% off BOGO, but those were marked $10 up from MSRP too)? I wouldn't count on being able to do it from local TRU but if you guys hear or know of anything regarding price matching for TRU-ebay auctions let me know. Edit: Doubt we can do anything about TRU-ebay pricings. Says price matching is for in-store purchases only at this URL someone else posted earlier http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070 But worth it for me to try on the 2 Summer Riding Camps I purchased in-store yesterday.

Catching up - so are we saying I should be able to go back to TRU and have additional $10 knocked off my receipt for buying 2 Summer Camps (since they marked those up $10)?

Wonder if this price matching adjustment could work for TRU ebay auctions (ie: 2 Volkswagen T1 Campers that I bought for 50% off BOGO, but those were marked $10 up from MSRP too)? I wouldn't count on being able to do it from local TRU but if you guys hear or know of anything regarding price matching for TRU-ebay auctions let me know.

Edit: Doubt we can do anything about TRU-ebay pricings. Says price matching is for in-store purchases only at this URL someone else posted earlier http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

But worth it for me to try on the 2 Summer Riding Camps I purchased in-store yesterday.

theoretically yes!

i have been all day yesterday

• 1 month later...

TRU's prices around me are very similar to what people have been posting around here, but there is one particular store that takes 1st place in my book This store is close to a really popular local Mall that is known to be full of tourists pretty much every day of the year. Is just crazy the amount of people that go there. Of course, there is a TRU right next to it. Vampyre Castle -- 139.99 Helm's Deep -- 179.99 Jabba's Palace -- 169.99 And so on. I have never seen them adjust the prices for BOGO, since they are just crazy high to begin with and don't seem to come down when the promotion is done anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

TRU's prices around me are very similar to what people have been posting around here, but there is one particular store that takes 1st place in my book

This store is close to a really popular local Mall that is known to be full of tourists pretty much every day of the year. Is just crazy the amount of people that go there. Of course, there is a TRU right next to it.

Vampyre Castle -- 139.99

Helm's Deep -- 179.99

Jabba's Palace -- 169.99

And so on. I have never seen them adjust the prices for BOGO, since they are just crazy high to begin with and don't seem to come down when the promotion is done anyway.

The sad part is they are all still about 10% cheaper than our local prices.

They are fairly horrendous though.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit that TRU surprised me by selling 10227 B-Wing for $99 e/ free shipping during May the 4th. My first batch even arrived today.

Very surprising, indeed. Plus to add a little bonus, you could have gotten a free polybag for in-store purchases I think. I wonder if TLG gives them a big enough discount that they still made a profit from that...

I must admit that TRU surprised me by selling 10227 B-Wing for $99 w/ free shipping during May the 4th. My first batch even arrived today via UPS.

You're the first that I've heard that actually got it. Mine was cancelled almost immediately, along with several others here. LEGO Shop at Home got my business instead.

You're the first that I've heard that actually got it. Mine was cancelled almost immediately, along with several others here. S@H got my business instead.

my toyrsus ebay order was canceled(but the toyrsus website orders went through fine. only 1 box arrived with creases (funny thing is that it was the best packed one of the bunch). the others are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

We'll see how many more negative feedbacks they end up with after a couple of days regarding B-Wing orders...

agreed. we are unable to leave them feedback until 7 days after their BIN auction ended.

anyway, i do wonder if they cancelled all their eBay orders to fulfill website orders?

I was in TRU the other day and my kids wanted to buy some LEGO. I told them that it was much cheaper to buy them at Target or Walmart. After we left, Geoffrey the Giraffe jumped me in the parking lot and told me to shut my mouth if I didn't want a beating. Man is he sensitive. :zip: