Why do people leave LEGOS behind?

lilplasticbrick

Why do people leave LEGOS behind? Today I was cleanning out a vacant house. I come across LEGOS! As my co- woker was about to shovel them into the trash. I Screamed " NOOOOOOOO" ran over and snatched all the legos I could find before he threw them away. So as I sit and look at the peices. To my surprize I found LEGO Star Wars Snow Trooper Army Pack (8084) complete everything box and instructions. But why would someone spend money just to leave it like trash. well now im glad proud to keep all these lost LEGOS safe and sound.

There are so many people who get their kids these sets who never really build with them or even play with the set itself, over time, many of them get disassembled, put in a bin somewhere, many of the pieces get scattered, chewed up by pets and vacuumed up. Bionicle, Star Wars and Ninjago seem to be the most consistent themes to get neglected although there are plenty of all of them that suffer this same sad fate.

The majority of people that buy Lego are parents buying it for their kids. Once their kids get older or are no longer interested in playing with/building Lego these sets get put away in tubs, storage bins, etc. The general public has no idea what some of these sets are worth, and the sad part is some of the most valuable Lego sets in existance are buried away in someone's closet right now in a big Rubbermaid tub. It's not necessarily their fault either, these people simply have no interest, and their kids no longer have interest and therefore they become forgotten about. If the general public knew what some of these sets are currently worth, believe me, they wouldn't be leaving them behind, stashed away in closets, etc.

A lot of this reminds me of how many older generation parents threw away their kids comic books & toys, telling them to "Grow up!" and other bulls***. Yeah and I bet every one of them that realized just how much money they themselves could have made from those issues of Superman or that original GI Joe action figure that their 'immature' child had and they threw out is now kicking themselves hard. I'll tell you this much, if both of my parents 'parents' (or technically my grandparents) had not simply tossed out all of their belongings on a whim like they did, we could have been set for life!