LEGO Masters TV series

2 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

They really stoke the drama at the end of the episode when they are previewing next week.  Showing (or suggesting - I never know due to editing) increased infighting between a few participants.

I'm going to miss this week's departees a lot.

Im surprised they showed the team that DOES have the dramatic issue. That would SUCK.

I really thought it was a creative low when the other team also used a large baby build, they should have been in the bottom for that, but I can see why the 2 they chose were there.

I agree, having two judges is not helping anyone involved.  The biggest issue I had was how the judges emphasized letting the builds themselves do the talking.  The cowboy saloon (which was awesome!) with aliens beaming up was quite clear. I get that space isnt the best definition of fantasy, but space odyssey star trek and star wars, all have fantasy aspects based in space.  Science Fiction and Fantasy can and do mix all the time. Sure the colors were 'unique' but Amy brickmaster is always very keen on expanding the color scheme, so kinda hypocritical when she called out the space craft colors. 

The Unicorns build left a lot to be desired and so much explaining was needed. Not to mention, their dragons/overall build last week was awful.  They were clear weakest builders out of the bunch.  This was an obvious PC pick by the judges. Just cant vote out the only pair of females left in the competition. What kind of message would that send to all the little builders watching out there. 

I do agree, the two voted off were not the most talented builders, nor were they going to win. But that was a Lame Duck decision, imho.  Not sure what I was expecting out of 'Reality TV'.  I guess in the end, its all good because to me, Tyler and the Bearded Builders should be in the end, head to head. 

The plot twist really was a game changer for this episode.

The Bearded Builders - This build felt very Lego. I liked it. 

The Eccentrics - I hate that I liked their build after the twist. They somehow keep pulling it together.

The Unicorns - I think if they made the whitemonster higher up, they might have fared better. That and not having a story for the topmost monster was a dealbreaker.

The Newly Weds - I liked the structure they made but thought they really could have come up with a better "monster" or way to use the minifigs already on the display. Monsters were overdone.

Clark Kent & Superman - Saved by the twist. I understand it's a huge loss to have that happen, but he still had the time to put on the top, it could have been worse; take a breath and keep moving. They are obviously one of the better teams but they really show their age.

Married Thespians (Flynn & Richard) - Saved by the twist. Wasnt a build that would have eliminated them, but the twist made it better.

East Coast Brickers - In my opinion, they should have left. They didnt have a story any more than the Unicorns and the storytelling of their set

To me it felt like the twist was added deliberately to save the superman team. I mean, normal build time is 14hrs, and they got that many hours to do the city build. There must have been a protest or a general feeling of "it wasnt their fault" that caused the producers to add on an additional 4hrs for the twist. The twist concept felt like a repeat from the previous week.

Also, what happened to the golden brick? Why was that a one-time gimmick that only benefited that one team?

• Like 2

I usually watch the show twice, my wife and I watch it together when it airs, and then my daughter and I (and maybe wife joins again) watch it the day after on Hulu since the show airs later than our established bedtime for my daughter.  I was imagining either of the brickmasters being my boss, and I think I could manage Jamie being my boss but something about Amy rubs me the wrong way.  She'd be fun to hang out with and build with at a friend-level but being dependent upon her feedback of my performance... not sure.

If you watch the very first episode again there are clues as to future episodes/challenges.  They showed a bit of the slot car race which looks pretty fun with all the considerations, what wheel/axle combo to use, what tires, what weight... I'm sure there's a "look and feel" aspect to the challenge, too, above just the winner of the race.

There also looks to be a cool Star Wars-related episode coming with C-3PO as a guest.

Cars.thumb.jpg.efc139d055aff6db6d8da600542a2d29.jpg

783219704_StarWars.thumb.jpg.687adf8c835c89db0b1534400faf492c.jpg

C-3PO.thumb.jpg.3efcaf5a523d06d1d4e7e037033f0884.jpg

Aaron.thumb.jpg.e2136301a4b0bd9550c61ec13100d24f.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, t_mafia said:

I’d love to see the competitors revolt and see what Jamie and Amy could do in 10-14 hours. They both roast everything (Jamie more than Amy but still) and I’d love to see what they themselves would come up with in a time crunch

Amy I feel would end up with some awful Friends-splosion of colors and chaos.  I gotta believe that Jamie would kick out something amazing.   I mean he literally wrote the book on what you can do with LEGO connections!

The now you have to MOVE your build thing is tiresome and not real world.  The teams should make their best build not the best build that can be moved. The upcoming bridge challenge looks interesting. 

The golden brick, did Will Arnett forget that the team had used it? He was playing around saying he misses it. 

The elimination vote is just dismal compared to survivor. Going to a commercial to make suspense is weak. Perhaps the contestants could be the third judge voting for another teams build. 

They one contest hitting on the hostess 

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

The now you have to MOVE your build thing is tiresome and not real world.  The teams should make their best build not the best build that can be moved. The upcoming bridge challenge looks interesting. 

The golden brick, did Will Arnett forget that the team had used it? He was playing around saying he misses it. 

The elimination vote is just dismal compared to survivor. Going to a commercial to make suspense is weak. Perhaps the contestants could be the third judge voting for another teams build. 

They one contest hitting on the hostess 

I agree...moving the build is just a way to build cheap drama and I'd rather they just let them build and then judge.

• 2 weeks later...

The last episode (Bridges) was my favorite so far:) I believe our (AFOL) general consensus was once fewer contestants remain better they would get with the techniques explaining.  Episodes like this can hold the weight of my expectations!   Here's hoping it gets a few more seasons 🍻

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Belac said:

The last episode (Bridges) was my favorite so far:) I believe our (AFOL) general consensus was once fewer contestants remain better they would get with the techniques explaining.  Episodes like this can hold the weight of my expectations!   Here's hoping it gets a few more seasons 🍻

I agree.  The bridge episode at least had "real" drama.  I still do without all the crying and hugging however.

I had high hopes for the Tall Building episode.  The builds were a little disappointing overall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So that sucked ... Before the last segment where they pick the winners and losers, they had a commercial break with a preview of next weeks episode, including showing the remaining 3 teams. So I already know who dropped out ... Bad job, Fox.

Oooh, good catch!  You're right, bad editing :( is next show finale?  Best of 3?  Funny side note my 7 year old knows Boone as "Boomer".  He's not even a baby boomer and she has no idea about the OK Boomer thing so I bust out laughing when she said that.  I quickly corrected myself and said I hope Boomer wins too, sweet pea. :) oh the innocence, so precious

The beard guys‘ build was definitely the best. I feel like the judges really love the super cutesyness of the married couple. My wife and I disagree, we both think they’re fairly annoying. 

Also, Tyler and Amy’s build was kind of the Assault On Hoth version of the old Egypt sets

Edited by TigerEyez

1 hour ago, TigerEyez said:

The beard guys‘ build was definitely the best. I feel like the judges really love the super cutesyness of the married couple. My wife and I disagree, we both think they’re fairly annoying. 

Also, Tyler and Amy’s build was kind of the Assault On Hoth version of the old Egypt sets

That is so funny, I had a similar thought.  I never heard any explanation as to why their battle was for the obelisk either.  There really wasn't any continuity in their build. 

The beard guy's build was so intricate, so well developed AND so integrated into team drama, err the eccentric pair's build.  When they announced Tyler and Amy as the winner I exclaimed, "What?!"

This competition is definitely between the beard guys and Amy and Tyler.  How many times have the eccentric pair been in the bottom two?  And now they've made it to the final three?  I kind of feel like the producers are rooting for them to win but they really can't hold a candle to the other two teams.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, exracer327 said:

That is so funny, I had a similar thought.  I never heard any explanation as to why their battle was for the obelisk either.  There really wasn't any continuity in their build. 

The beard guy's build was so intricate, so well developed AND so integrated into team drama, err the eccentric pair's build.  When they announced Tyler and Amy as the winner I exclaimed, "What?!"

This competition is definitely between the beard guys and Amy and Tyler.  How many times have the eccentric pair been in the bottom two?  And now they've made it to the final three?  I kind of feel like the producers are rooting for them to win but they really can't hold a candle to the other two teams.

The most recent episode reminded me of a march madness. Seems like there's always one team that has barely scraped by in all their games but made it anyway, which I would connect most clearly to the eccentrics. But hey, Virginia won it all last year and never won by more than a point or two.

I agree the judging was off. Mark and Boone should have easily won this week, and I thought A&C should have stayed over S/J. Just as a few others have said, the Egypt stuff was kind of meh, M&B had levels, lighting, movement. To be fair though, I thought Tyler and Amy should have won the bridge episode over Mark and Boone, so even steven I suppose.

Star Wars should be a great episode next week, though I feel like that was a candidate for the final round. Wondering if the finals will be "show us your best build, with no direction and no twists" type thing. They've already hit most of the classics (space, bridges, and buildings) and the newer recognizable stuff (Star Wars, super heroes, theme park). Pirates, castle, and trains would be a couple others, but those don't seem to be finals material.