LEGO Masters TV series

Anyone else have sales spike a little once the show started. Selling more in Feb than in Dec right now on Amazon. Weird. I don't know if it has to do with the show, but it is one of my guesses.

Overall, I don't like the show since it really is about reality TV and not Lego. But I will probably keep watching.

• Like 1

Sure and I really don’t find a ton of interest in that for this type of show. People like to see the final creation. I think the kids are liking what they see as well. This may not be the best show for you, but may be for others. Shows change over time. Maybe season two they will take feedback. I wouldn’t expect anything new this year

It's hard to make a show that is all things to all people. My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and they have loved the first couple of episodes. They got all of their lego bins out and have been building MOCs over the past couple of weeks. The show fires up their creative juices & makes them want to build (and has done the same for me after having burnt out a bit over the past few years), so in that sense I feel like they are accomplishing their goal.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

It's hard to make a show that is all things to all people. My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and they have loved the first couple of episodes. They got all of their lego bins out and have been building MOCs over the past couple of weeks. The show fires up their creative juices & makes them want to build (and has done the same for me after having burnt out a bit over the past few years), so in that sense I feel like they are accomplishing their goal.

My boys are doing the same thing! They are planning out a new SW MOC. The show got their creative juices flowing again also and I think that is the best thing for the resellers. The show may not do much for some people, but I think it's going to do a lot for us in the business (at least temporarily).....

And I tend to agree with josephmali, I feel like I'm moving more LEGO than normal for this time of year....could be the tax returns also.... 

• Like 2

Jan, Feb were once my favorite months (not crazy like christmas, but solid). Last year in particular didn't perform as expected, but interest has picked up this year (I noticed this prior to the show airing, but the show certainly should help). I think that the last SW movie/Mandalorian series/upcoming Clone Wars has been helping out.

• Like 2

For me, I had a feeling the show would turn out the way it has. I don’t think it has to do with being a Lego elitist and not getting what I want from a program about Lego competition. My problem really is FOX. Same goes for most other networks that try to present reality competition. Some get it right the way I enjoy to watch and continue to watch. Then there are those that adhere to their audience which might not be me...fine if they get people to watch but not for me.

Then there’s FOX. They have consistently shown that they have a complete lack of inspired or original thought. They rely on the formula and only add a new ingredient to see if it works.

Granted, I won’t deny they have had success doing this. But I’ve never been a fan of American Idol, masked singer, and whatever. Now that they’ve taken an element that I enjoy and brought it down to their level...that hurts. I’ll watch because I’m hoping for the best but in the end I’m just expecting more FOX.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KShine said:

I think that the last SW movie/Mandalorian series/upcoming Clone Wars has been helping out.

I hadn't put 2 and 2 together, but this is probably why my Jedi / Clone Trooper Battle Packs have suddenly started moving.

Edited by zaphoid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

I did that as a kid.  But the competition was to see whose LEGO car survived the other guy's LEGO car.  I won.  I broke my friend's LEGO... lol.

Whenever it rained, there was an area in my yard that filled up with water like a small pond. My brother and I would both build a handful of small boats (rafts, really) out of LEGO, step back about 30 feet, and rain down dirt clods on the vessels. Whoever had more of his own ships floating at the end won. I cringe now thinking about it, but I know we had a good time doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some LEGO pieces buried in the soil back there. 

• Like 3

Yes, childhood memories from NYC (Brooklyn) - Back in the 70's, we threw many toys off of rooftops, placed others in the streets waiting for the cars to crush them (fun times).

Although we also threw darts in the air, towards each other (I caught the last one, in my leg, it just sat there dangling). Looking back - Perhaps not very smart, but at least we quickly learned to stop doing that.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 2

The thing that drives me nuts on other comp shows, generally cooking, they’ll give them like 2 hours and of course a contestant is like “I’m making a soufflé that’s usually takes 4 hours”, followed by “Bob your soufflé is undercooked”. So I really like that they give them a viable amount of time to build something. I think some of the complaints about not spending enough time on details will probably work themselves out as the number of teams dwindles and they need more filler, they’ll go into more detail of the builds. Right now they’re concentrating on personalities so that viewers pick favorites and those they want gone. I’m pretty stoked hair lady is gone. 

19 hours ago, KShine said:

Yes, childhood memories from NYC (Brooklyn) - Back in the 70's, we threw many toys off of rooftops, placed others in the streets waiting for the cars to crush them (fun times).

Although we also threw darts in the air, towards each other (I caught the last one, in my leg, it just sat there dangling). Looking back - Perhaps not very smart, but at least we quickly learned to stop doing that.

I have very found memories of Lawn Darts.  I don't even see horse shoes being thrown anymore either.  Now adults are just throwing bean bags at one another.

This is the problem today, too many safety features everywhere.  lol  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I have very found memories of Lawn Darts.  I don't even see horse shoes being thrown anymore either.  Now adults are just throwing bean bags at one another.

You can come play horseshoes at our house... we often have it set up during the summer.

Timber Toss is also good, esp when adult beverages are being enjoyed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Looks like this has the shows (commercial free even): https://www.fox.com/lego-masters/

It seems it doesn't work...

22 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Is there any better place to watch the UK versions?  Im finding this site

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/lego-masters/on-demand/66027-001

You can only watch if you are in UK

Manny & Nester have cried all 3 episodes.  They are too funny, I can imagine they would be a blast to be around on set.  

When time is tight and things are going tough, Sam gets so pissed! Then, when things are going smoothly, he's as giddy as a little school girl (not that he is;^)).  He is just so  Bi.....polar, its pretty entertaining!  

16 minutes ago, Belac said:

Someone please build that guy some pants!

• Like 1