75252 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)

TargetZero

All photos visible here!
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/imperial-star-destroyer-75252

75252 Imperial Star Destroyer

Ages 16+. 4784 pieces

US $699.99 – CA $849.99 – DE €699.99 – UK £649.99 – FR €699.99 – DK 5299DKK --$1099.99 AUD

Own the ultimate Imperial Star Destroyer!

Build and display an icon of the Galactic Empire – the Devastator. With over 4,700 LEGO® pieces, this Ultimate Collector Series 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer model captures all the authentic details of the starship as it appeared in the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope, including swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts, intricate surface detailing and of course a buildable scale version of the Rebels’ Tantive IV starship to chase down.

This galactic civil war UCS set also includes a display stand with informational fact plaque and 2 Imperial minifigures, making it the perfect LEGO Star Wars collectible for discerning fans.

• Includes Imperial Officer and Imperial crew member minifigures.
  • The Devastator Imperial Star Destroyer model features swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts and intricate surface detailing.
  • Also includes an attachable, buildable scale version Tantive IV starship for added Star Wars: A New Hope authenticity.
  • With a display stand with informational fact plaque for the ultimate display piece.
  • Also comes with 2 blaster pistol weapons.
  • This Ultimate Collector Series set has 4,784 pieces.
  • Inspire unforgettable Star Wars: A New Hope moments.
  • The perfect LEGO® Star Wars™ collectible for fans of the Star Wars saga.
  • UCS model on display stand measures over 44cm high, 110cm long and 66cm wide, and over 37cm high without stand.

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/lego-star-wars-75252-ucs-imperial-star-destroyer-kopen-alles-wat-je-moet-weten/

557554360_UCSISDbox1.thumb.png.8a8ce9ab7b1679a474a82dd9099380ba.png

1572851754_UCSISDbox2.thumb.png.1ec6cb1f6835a8e11022cbcfd33053d9.png

Edited by Darth_Raichu
Combined all info into 1 stickied post
  • Like 7

All photos visible here!
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/imperial-star-destroyer-75252

Ages 16+. 4784 pieces

US $699.99 – CA $849.99 – DE €699.99 – UK £649.99 – FR €699.99 – DK 5299DKK --$1099.99 AUD

Build and display an icon of the Galactic Empire – the Devastator. With over 4,700 LEGO® pieces, this Ultimate Collector Series 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer model captures all the authentic details of the starship as it appeared in the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope, including swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts, intricate surface detailing and of course a buildable scale version of the Rebels’ Tantive IV starship to chase down.

This galactic civil war UCS set also includes a display stand with informational fact plaque and 2 Imperial minifigures, making it the perfect LEGO Star Wars collectible for discerning fans.

• The Devastator Imperial Star Destroyer model features swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts and intricate surface detailing.
  • Also includes an attachable, buildable scale version Tantive IV starship for added Star Wars: A New Hope authenticity.
  • With a display stand with informational fact plaque for the ultimate display piece.
  • UCS model on display stand measures over 44cm high, 110cm long and 66cm wide, and over 37cm high without stand.

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/lego-star-wars-75252-ucs-imperial-star-destroyer-kopen-alles-wat-je-moet-weten/

557554360_UCSISDbox1.thumb.png.8a8ce9ab7b1679a474a82dd9099380ba.png

1572851754_UCSISDbox2.thumb.png.1ec6cb1f6835a8e11022cbcfd33053d9.png

Edited by Darth_Raichu
Combined all info into 1 stickied post
  • Like 7

Ages 16+. 4784 pieces

Edited by Val-E

6 minutes ago, lego rules said:

It's a bit bigger than the 10030, looks much more stable and more greebling.

Winner in my book for my collection.   I got lucky and sold my 10030 not long ago to pay for this.

I think 75252 looks better in every way compared to 10030. I wouldn't know any reason why someone might prefer 10030 over 75252.

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 1

Wow.  Better in every way than 10030, which somewhat pains me to say knowing what I paid for mine and what it's value will drop to now.  Oh well.  

Just knowing that this probably won't fall apart if I look at it wrong makes it an upgrade from 10030.  

I am more surprised that they went bigger than the predecessor on this one.  I was assuming a bit smaller, much more detailed version.  I'm a bit bummed by the somewhat boring figures coming with it, but UCS has never really been about the figures in the first place and not sure what/who that could have added that would have made much sense that we don't have already.

HOLY CRAP!! My jaw nearly dropped seeing that image. 10030 SELL SELL SELL!!

I LOVE my 10030 but seeing this, I'm now leaning towards letting her go in favor of this set. I'm so glad the extra pieces (compared to 10030) were used towards making this bigger and more detailed instead of including play features. I could do without the two figures though.

With the new technic inner frame, it seems they've addressed the sagging issues with 10030. Funny how you can see it in the background with slight sagging in the lower front. The new model also looks to be a lot more stable. The designer mentioned being able to pick it up in one piece but I'm surprised he didn't demontrate it. 

On a side note, was this the first designer video that showed partial building of the set?

10030 sagging.jpg

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Stop the designer video at 4:05 to see side comparison between old and new.

Even though I love 10030, I always thought the back half looked a little chunky.The new one is sleeker and longer which I believe is more accurate. The new one is not as tall as 10030 AND the bottom of the ship is higher off the ground than 10030. Definitely sleeker. Me likey.

ISD Comparison.jpg

I had 10030 a few years back, ended up selling it as i just couldn't really appreciate it. I know it's true to the source material, but i do like a splash of colour in my sets. New Falcon did a great job of adding in some colour. Why not add some dark bluish grey for greebling/shaded areas, or even some trans blues for windows/lights.

For me this is just too much money for a %99 big grey triangle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

The Alpha and the Omega...

The 10030 got me into the UCS series with regards to the LEGO investment/reselling business....the 75252 will get me out of it...

Could you expound on your statement, do you mean the Lego Star Wars Theme or this particular set is not a good investment?  (I'm a newbie)

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75252 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)